Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Georgetown’s star freshman Aminu Mohammed will declare for the 2022 NBA Draft, sources told @Stockrisers, and will be 100% committed to the pre-draft process.  A return to Georgetown still an option, but, Mohammed, 100% committed to the draft.

16 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Kentucky's Keion Brooks has declared for the 2022 NBA Draft while maintaining his college eligibility, per release.

I was hoping this would be the offseason we finally brought him home.

Pacers Twitter is hysterical. It seems almost equally divided between those who think they’re absolutely gonna get the #1 pick because the universe owes them and those who think they’re gonna absolutely end up at #8 because the universe hates them. Am thoroughly enjoying this.

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Pacers Twitter is hysterical. It seems almost equally divided between those who think they’re absolutely gonna get the #1 pick because the universe owes them and those who think they’re gonna absolutely end up at #8 because the universe hates them. Am thoroughly enjoying this.

They are 100% going to end up with a pick between 7-9. Probably 8 or 9. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

For whatever reason, the basketball gods don't want to see Haliburton and Ivey running in the open court. 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Oh, tonight is going to be absolutely painful. I'm as ready as I can be to get crushed.

7 hours ago, Hovadipo said:

Oh, tonight is going to be absolutely painful. I'm as ready as I can be to get crushed.

Can’t be too crushed. Really feeling Benedict Mathurin at 6. Would think that would work for you, correct? 

1 hour ago, Demo said:

Can’t be too crushed. Really feeling Benedict Mathurin at 6. Would think that would work for you, correct? 

6 is fine. I was prepared for 8. Love Mathurin, miss me with Murray or Griffin, know nothing about Sharpe, Ivey works there if he slides based on value but I did not want him with a top 3-4 pick like many did. 

This concludes my Pacers mock draft. 

6 is fine. I was prepared for 8. Love Mathurin, miss me with Murray or Griffin, know nothing about Sharpe, Ivey works there if he slides based on value but I did not want him with a top 3-4 pick like many did. 

This concludes my Pacers mock draft. 

I doubt Ivey slides this far.

Seems to me it’ll be Mathurin, Sharpe, Murray, or Jalen Duren. I could make a case for any of them.

I'm good with Mathurin, Ivey,  or Murray. I could be talked into Sharpe if he's there but he'll be gone. There is a chance Ivey falls and there's also a chance the Pacers trade up if there is a player they really like. 

https://www.on3.com/news/nba-draft-college-coaches-candid-scouting-reports-on-first-round-draft-picks/

As anonymous coaches articles go, this one’s pretty good. Some nice comments on Hood-Schifino. Some not as nice ones on Brice Sensabaugh. 

Side note : the quoted Coach on Brandin Podziemskiis is almost certainly either Randy Bennett or someone from his staff. Have heard him use the “if you’re not touching him you’re not guarding him” line several times in interviews. 

5 hours ago, Demo said:

https://www.on3.com/news/nba-draft-college-coaches-candid-scouting-reports-on-first-round-draft-picks/

As anonymous coaches articles go, this one’s pretty good. Some nice comments on Hood-Schifino. Some not as nice ones on Brice Sensabaugh. 

Side note : the quoted Coach on Brandin Podziemskiis is almost certainly either Randy Bennett or someone from his staff. Have heard him use the “if you’re not touching him you’re not guarding him” line several times in interviews. 

Was reading that earlier too. As harsh as that was on Sensabaugh, it wasn't really wrong. 

7 hours ago, Crimson and Cream said:

Was reading that earlier too. As harsh as that was on Sensabaugh, it wasn't really wrong. 

Yeah, it’s not wrong at all. He doesn’t defend a lick and by the end of the year it was pretty obvious that some of his teammates, looking at you, Justice Sueing, did not like playing with him. He feels like 1 of those guys who’ll play 10 years with 7 different teams.

13 hours ago, Demo said:

On Grady Dick, this:

A non-Big 12 opponent: “He was better in person than I thought he would be. A great shooter and an underrated athlete. He was also a competitive defender. He kicked our butt.”

Sounds a lot like Woody.