Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Stuhoo

(2017) SG Al Durham Jr. to IU

This kid wanted to be at IU and IU wanted him. I'm very happy for him and by his height for a PG/SG I will take it. I want kids that wanna be Hoosiers not these kids that will only be here for 1 year aka Vonleh.

I think kids like Vonleh are critical for future success at IU. One and done players are just as critical to top programs as 4 year quality players.

Hey, let's keep discussing this like we know anything relevant two years before this will even matter. Congrats to Al! Glad he's excited to be here

Yeah, you're right. Who cares? It will be two years before we have any idea of whether it was a bad decision or not. And we'll all be so washed up in our new coach that we won't even remember this conversation.

This kid wanted to be at IU and IU wanted him. I'm very happy for him and by his height for a PG/SG I will take it. I want kids that wanna be Hoosiers not these kids that will only be here for 1 year aka Vonleh.

I mean...... technically JBJ only wanted to be here for 1 year. Too bad he was told he was nowhere ready for the NBA so he had to come back.

I don't get why some people are comparing this to Gelon... Gelon was a relative unknown recruit who committed out of nowhere who most sites hadn't even rated yet, this kid is a top 100-150 player in his class depending on where you look and it seems like Crean thinks he can turn him into something. I have no issue with adding a kid like this. 

Yeah, you're right. Who cares? It will be two years before we have any idea of whether it was a bad decision or not. And we'll all be so washed up in our new coach that we won't even remember this conversation.

Pretty much. Trying to actually discuss the strategy and scholarship impact right now would be based on too many assumptions to hold value.

true. I realized that, but was hoping the staff had some good reason to accept this scholarship so far in advance considering our scholarship numbers.

Heck our current roster is a big man shy of being a complete roster. If TB goes down, kiss this season goodbye.

Maybe its to take him with them to the mid major school they'll all be coaching after this season?..............sorry....I had to... No worries mods. I'll ban myself for the rest of the day.

Interesting bit in the Inside the Hall interview with him. One of the things that he liked was Crean telling him the things he needed to improve rather than the things he did right. Can someone help me out with remembering who else said that? It was a bigger recruitment and I think we lost out in the end.

Interesting bit in the Inside the Hall interview with him. One of the things that he liked was Crean telling him the things he needed to improve rather than the things he did right. Can someone help me out with remembering who else said that? It was a bigger recruitment and I think we lost out in the end.

Not who you're referencing, but I remember Juwan talking about this too.