Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

drewheck

Now that thons off the board for this season

Great question. I was wondering the same. Crean is on record saying he will only take an impact player. Believe that if you want. Jamal Murray may be only impact player left. Not sure.

I just don't see us not using it

I'm sure there's some obscure jewel in the rough somewhere about to commit to Iwishiwereastate,just waiting to be "blessed to be at the University of indiana. "

Given track record I really can't see Crean pocketing the scholly.

Yes for this season when he could sit with 5 other people who are on scholarship like every other team.

meaning he'd never play. Wouldn't be as bad as the Priller scholly but not quite.

so then we can have another scholly at the end of the bench.

Burton's going to be at the end of the bench either way. Why let it go to waste when a good kid could get a year of free college? Reward him for his hard work if an impact player can't be brought in with it.

Have yall forgotten that Burton played last year and played well when he was in?

Burton didn't play in any significant manner.

He played in 14 games, and played 3.5 minutes average. 

That being said, I would still give him the one year scholarship, instead of wasting it for 4 years (well maybe 2 with Coach's track record)  of someone that won't see the court any more than Burton.

Keep the scholarship in house and let it open up again when Burton is gone. He works hard and represents the team well. Why commit it to a 4 year player who won't make an impact? Or a judo who will take it longer than button and probably still probably not play. There's not gonna be a lot of impact at this stage in the game