Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Old Friend

IU Trustee Election

Hi, all -

If I may be so forward, anyone with an IU degree will soon get or may have already received an online ballot or instructions on how to vote for the current trustee spot on the open ballot.    

If you would be so kind, please consider Dr. Mike Wilcox -his bio will be available for review when you get your ballot.   I know Mike, and he currently serves as the superintendent of schools down in Richland-Bean Blossom near Evansville.   Believe me when I tell you, he is the advocate for all fans of Indiana Basketball (athletics as a whole, but basketball in particular) along with the University.    He's a good man who would represent all alumni very well and very passionately.

I apologize for the intrusion, however we all know how important trustees are to the interests of folks who frequent this board, so I thought I'd take the risk and the corresponding criticism because I think it's worth it.

Thanks for your consideration!

Criticism? I think that's great!

Thanks, Mike.  It's "off topic" and in a political realm many want to steer clear of, so I am prepared for those comments if they come.    Having said that, I actually talked via email with Mike not long ago, and he shares every frustration we all do.   He also thinks there are others in the camp that can make a difference.   His first priorities are obviously the betterment of the IU community as a whole, and his priorities are in line.   But athletics as a window to the University is a concept he's on board with, and I like him...always have.  He was a friend in school, and I'm happy for him that he's taking this step.

But can he get us Brad Stevens? If so, he'd have my vote (if this was two years from now when I'll be a graduate.) In all seriousness though, good luck to him. It's always good when those in power are passionate about the program as well as the university as a whole.