Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2016/17) PG Markus Howard to Marquette

I hope he reclassifies. I watched a few videos of him tonight & really is impressive ball handler and can stop on a dime. He dunked in a workout a few times, so that's pretty cool for a little guy. A few gametime no look passes, smooth.
He's not Yogi, but the next best thing. And, well I'll miss Yogi a lot, so if he can fill that void for me I want him. Here's to four years of Howard!

Maybe I'm new on this guy, but I understand if we get this guy we might have over recruited the guard position, but this guy is a stud and does anyone else see a big resemblance to him and Yogi?

plays totally different than Yogi. Only similarity is both are good/great shooters and both are small. Howard doesn't elevate on jumper yet like Yogi. More of a set shot. Didn't do a ton of dribble penetration in the game I watched. Moved ball quickly with passing. Found spots open and called for ball. Hit open shots. Doesn't seem super quick but his build and style may be deceiving.

plays totally different than Yogi. Only similarity is both are good/great shooters and both are small. Howard doesn't elevate on jumper yet like Yogi. More of a set shot. Didn't do a ton of dribble penetration in the game I watched. Moved ball quickly with passing. Found spots open and called for ball. Hit open shots. Doesn't seem super quick but his build and style may be deceiving.

this may sound negative but it's not. I was impressed with court intelligence and shooting tremendously.

I haven't had a chance to watch him, I was just reading some of the recruiting sites that talk about his play style. Said he was a good shooter even better off the dribble and of course his size. Just as I was reading his scouting report it sounded a lot like Yogi.

I imagine we would want him to reclassify right, that would be our preference right? 

That seems like a ton of guards in one class and a lot next season.

CuJo, Gelon, Green, and Howard

RoJo, JBJ, Newkirk, CuJo, Gelon, Green, and Howard