Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

FindEndNow

Would Thon stay the "planned" 1 1/2 years?

I'm pretty sure if he enrolled mid semsester, it is not a question of IF he stays a year and a half. It's the case of he HAS to stay a year and a half. He will NOT be eligible for the draft bc he is only 6 months from graduating high school and the NBA rule is he has to be 1 year out of high school.

The real question is do you want Thon or not? He isn't a one and done, worst case is he is a 1.5 and done. I say sign him up.

I'm pretty sure if he enrolled mid semsester, it is not a question of IF he stays a year and a half. It's the case of he HAS to stay a year and a half. He will NOT be eligible for the draft bc he is only 6 months from graduating high school and the NBA rule is he has to be 1 year out of high school.

The real question is do you want Thon or not? He isn't a one and done, worst case is he is a 1.5 and done. I say sign him up.

It has nothing to do with when he enrolls.  It is all about the HS graduation.  He could graduate this spring, but not have the required classes for college.  If this were the case, he would be eligible for the draft next year.  

It has nothing to do with when he enrolls. It is all about the HS graduation. He could graduate this spring, but not have the required classes for college. If this were the case, he would be eligible for the draft next year.

I'm speaking of enrolling mid year bc he didn't graduate high school until then. At any rate, from what I've read in interviews from his guardian, he will not be graduated from high school until after this draft. Meaning he is not going to meet the NBA requirements for the 2016 draft, and will be a college player for more than 1 season.