Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

DD And Hanner gone

What is LGOP?

Little groups of Paratroopers (LGOPS)

the Rule of LGOPs

After the demise of the best Airborne plan, a most terrifying effect occurs on the battlefield. This effect is known as the rule of the LGOPs. This is, in its purest form, small groups of pissed-off 19 year old American paratroopers. They are well trained. They are armed to the teeth and lack serious adult supervision. They collectively remember the Commander's intent as "March to the sound of the guns and kill anyone who is not dressed like you" - or something like that.

Old friend - I don't disagree, but at the end of day all that's going to matter is results. I'm not happy with the off court crap over the last few years. I'm not sure I'm satisfied how the IU staff has handled it, but I believe at the end of the day results will determine Coach Crean tenure at IU. Right or wrong, I believe that will be the deciding factor.

I think there are a few things determining his stay at Indiana.  I think one of them is the guy we need to bring in here has either said no or said he isn't ready yet.   I think the fact that this season looked/looks promising made a few people choke on the BS for one more year.   And I think if we can't get "our guy," there's nobody worth settling for with a large buyout looming.   The buyout would be worth it for the right guy; not so much for the wrong guy.   I truly think Crean is already a dead man walking; and I think recruiting gets hurt more and more with every episode, and alums get more upset with every kid who comes in here and screws up.

Look at 'the movement."   What a train wreck that class turned out to be.   Hollowell was a lazy high school player and turned out to be a very lazy college player.  Jurkin was never any good.  Parea was raw and a very immature kid who had no clue where he was.  Even Yogi has had a couple of small problems, but he's the only kid in that entire class worth anything.    

You're right...at some point, a coach has to win.   But any reasonable person can look at Tom Crean's resume and see that he's been a head coach for 16 seasons now, and has never won consistently.   He has more conference finishes below 5th place (7)  than he does above 5th place (6).    (He has finished 5th three times; and here's the kicker....he has been at IU 7 years.  And has 1....ONE finish above 5th place in the Big Ten.  Not good enough, and I don't care what the excuses are.)    Seriously, how much more does anybody need?   He has a combined losing record in the Big Ten in years 6 and 7.  Bob Knight was fired for being an a**hole, but even when "the game had passed him by" and everyone wanted him gone, in his last 7 seasons, he had just one finish below 5th in the Big Ten, and 4 2nds or 3rds.

For whatever reason, Tom Crean can both "not win" and "not control his program."  I don't know who he has pictures of, and I don't know what secret information he has on Fred Glass.   But he seems to be made of Teflon....which makes me believe he's simply keeping the seat warm.   Or maybe I'm just hoping.   But....he hasn't won here, and he hasn't won consistently in his career.   If winning were "the thing," I would think it would have mattered....by now.

the Rule of LGOPs

After the demise of the best Airborne plan, a most terrifying effect occurs on the battlefield. This effect is known as the rule of the LGOPs. This is, in its purest form, small groups of pissed-off 19 year old American paratroopers. They are well trained. They are armed to the teeth and lack serious adult supervision. They collectively remember the Commander's intent as "March to the sound of the guns and kill anyone who is not dressed like you" - or something like that.

Ah I see.

How dare these young men wear the name INDIANA across their chests! Goodness, it's an outrage. Thank God that courageous Coach Crean dismissed them from our midst. The children of IU smoking marijuana? Oh my land, what shall we do? We simply cannot permit this to continue. I feel faint.

How dare these young men wear the name INDIANA across their chests! Goodness, it's an outrage. Thank God that courageous Coach Crean dismissed them from our midst. The children of IU smoking marijuana? Oh my land, what shall we do? We simply cannot permit this to continue. I feel faint.

so you are saying you support them and think glass and crean were to hard on them?

the Rule of LGOPs

Hoosier AZ it sounds like you may have had some S-3  staff time?

It is interesting that I heard a D1 team is getting permission to speak with both players.  I didn't know teams needed permission with them being dismissed.  I guess they aren't officially released from their grant?

Did Hanner graduate. or will graduate this summer and can play next year without sitting out?