Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

DD And Hanner gone

This will sound strange but this probably helps Hanner if he still hopes to be a pro someday. An extra year at a different school to sit out and learn and then a senior year to try and put it all together. I bet there will be lots of interest in HP from other schools despite his multiple transgressions . Devin made Coach Crean's life easy believe it or not. Devin now doesn't have a spot on the team that would likely be more of a feel good story spot rather than a capable player spot. Devin and Hanner really blew it but I think in the short/long run it helps everybody.

This is exactly how I feel, and I think many others share this sentiment, or perhaps will, once the dust settles.  I was always concerned about the potential "feel good scholly" situation with Devin.  We really don't even know what to expect out of him, and it could have been a messy situation if he wasn't playing well, or much at all; especially with the player movement that IU has with Crean.  This probably will work out well for IU because we'll get to bring another player or two in, get rid of the baggage, and send a message to the team.   

Uh, Caleb S., there might some playing time available for you at IU...and there is definitely a scholarship open. Why go play behind Hammons and Haas at Purdue?