Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hutch89

Where will our transfers commit to?

He would get eaten alive in most professional or semi-professional basketball leagues in the world. Especially in the US and any upper level Euro league. More college will likely help him.

you would be surprised what help the NBA game could be for a player like Hanner. He's easily got the athleticism for the NBA. More raw players have went to the NBA. Just takes the right coach and system. He didn't have that at IU. I honestly think he would have been better off going to Baylor in the first place.

you would be surprised what help the NBA game could be for a player like Hanner. He's easily got the athleticism for the NBA. More raw players have went to the NBA. Just takes the right coach and system. He didn't have that at IU. I honestly think he would have been better off going to Baylor in the first place.

...... he would never play a second in the NBA right now.

I saw this question asked, but I never read an answer.

Hasn't it been said he is on course to possibly graduate this summer.... meaning he could then transfer to another top school (if anybody wants him with his issues) and play immediately under the Grad transfer rules? Not having to sit a year, but then getting to showcase 1 more year before going pro (NBA is the hope, but I am sure he will play Euro ball)

Chances are he is not graduating this summer. Not all of them have the work ethic of Cody, Vic, even Noah. Most of them take the full 4 years.

Hanner still has trouble catching the ball.. Until he fixes that we won't be seeing him play professionally anywhere. He'd be best off sitting out a year and only working on the fundamentals. He doesn't have any right now.

Chances are he is not graduating this summer. Not all of them have the work ethic of Cody, Vic, even Noah. Most of them take the full 4 years.

I agree to a point but for a guy coming in with early excited hype for NBA I would think he would have been taking classes all summer sessions since he arrived... When you factor in all the summer classes etc it isn't as hard to graduate in 3 years, and let's be honest it isn't like they are taking hard classes usually. I have no idea where he stands academically just curious as he isn't NBA ready obviously but I'm sure sitting a year at this point in his career and spending 2 more years in a college atmosphere doesn't seem best for him.

I would never insult you personally, because that's not allowed, it's not cool, and I'm sure you're a nice person.

BUT, any suggestion that an athletic player with the world's worst basketball instincts like Hanner could ever have been considered for the NBA is completely laughable, and does no favors for your credibility.

of course he'll be considered for the NBA. That's just of his athleticism. Some team will look at him and Hanner will try. And why wouldn't he? Why shouldn't he be supported when that time comes? In 5 years he could be a bench player all because he can catch a ball. Think about having his athleticism and length and just being able to stand short corner and wait for a pass up top. He's going to get that in a league somewhere. He still has crap ton of potential. The coaching staff at IU and the system just didn't fit him.

of course he'll be considered for the NBA. That's just of his athleticism. Some team will look at him and Hanner will try. And why wouldn't he? Why shouldn't he be supported when that time comes? In 5 years he could be a bench player all because he can catch a ball. Think about having his athleticism and length and just being able to stand short corner and wait for a pass up top. He's going to get that in a league somewhere. He still has crap ton of potential. The coaching staff at IU and the system just didn't fit him.

No.

Maybe a D-league team would give him a try out? His athleticism won't get him considered by the NBA.

of course he'll be considered for the NBA. That's just of his athleticism. Many Olympic level athletes would love to play in the NBA. They will not, because they have no skill nor instincts for the game of basketball (though some may have better instincts than Hanner).

Some team will look at him and Hanner will try. And why wouldn't he? Because he is Just. Not. Good enough.

Why shouldn't he be supported when that time comes? We all would support him IF the time came. It will not.

In 5 years he could be a bench player all because he can catch a ball. In his first twenty one years on this planet he has not learned to fluidly catch a ball. What makes you think the next five will change that?

Think about having his athleticism and length and just being able to stand short corner and wait for a pass up top. I thought about it when he was at IU. It just didn't SEE IT happen.

He's going to get that in a league somewhere. Yes; just like the rest of us will: With a valid credit card and an internet connection to StubHub. 

He still has crap ton of potential. He has certainly been a "crap ton" of a player and teammate at IU, eh?

For the coaching staff at IU and the system just didn't fit him. Finally...A point we can absolutely agree on!

It's 'Point-Counterpoint' time!

No.

Maybe a D-league team would give him a try out? His athleticism won't get him considered by the NBA.

there have been plenty of players looked at by the NBA purely off athleticism. First to come to my mind is Gerald Green. Freak of nature. Stupid vertical. It took him several years to finally find his way back into the league. But it took him a long time to figure that he had to do more than dunk. Though I could watch him dunk all day.

there have been plenty of players looked at by the NBA purely off athleticism. First to come to my mind is Gerald Green. Freak of nature. Stupid vertical. It took him several years to finally find his way back into the league. But it took him a long time to figure that he had to do more than dunk. Though I could watch him dunk all day.

you act like being able to dunk In a video with no dribbling or other players on the court is worth anything to the nba. He can jump straight up. Other than jumping I wouldnt say he a is that athletic. He isn't quick forward, backward, side to side, is awkward, can barely pass/catch, poor timing etc

You have a point here, players can definitely develop over time especially when they have the elite athleticism to start with. Gerald Greeen definitely improved in his time out of the NBA. But, Green was 10x the player Hanner is when he entered the NBA (before even going overseas) and when Green entered the NBA he was 19. Hanner will be 22-23 before he's in any pro league (assuming he plays in college this year).

you act like being able to dunk In a video with no dribbling or other players on the court is worth anything to the nba. He can jump straight up. Other than jumping I wouldnt say he a is that athletic. He isn't quick forward, backward, side to side, is awkward, can barely pass/catch, poor timing etc

if you can jump or you're 7-5 then you'll be looked at.

Hanner is 6'8 with good athleticism, but would drop his hands if they weren't attached. He could end up carving out a role on a college team but there is NO. WAY. an NBA team is looking at Hanner. What about Hanner looks remotely like an NBA player?

Hanner is 6'8 with good athleticism, but would drop his hands if they weren't attached. He could end up carving out a role on a college team but there is NO. WAY. an NBA team is looking at Hanner. What about Hanner looks remotely like an NBA player?

he's a 6-9 225 PF with great build and stupid hops. Instantly makes him a prospect. Just like any 6-5+ QB is an NFL prospect.

there are a lot of players that can leap that have no shot at the nba. There are d-2, d-3, NAIA, community college players that can jump as high as perea and they rightfully won't get a sniff of interest

there are a lot of players that can leap that have no shot at the nba. There are d-2, d-3, NAIA, community college players that can jump as high as perea and they rightfully won't get a sniff of interest

but none of them are D-1. And some have found it. Birdman somehow did.

any 6'5"+ quarterback is an nfl prospect now? What?

if you're a 6-5 QB you're going going to be on a teams radar. Why? No clue. But tall QB's are just what people like to see. And Hanner will get his opportunity whether people here like it or not.