Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

Shane Wynn - New Orleans Saints

Yeah but I think he's confused on why he's saying he'll be starting. My guess is he meant since he can learn from Hester he'll be starting one day but not immediately over Hester.

I was joking that he's already better than Hester. Wynn will likely learn from Hester from day 1 and once Hester's contract is up/retires. Wynn will be the starting returner and 3rd string WR is my guess.

Being an Indiana fan I am rooting for him big time, but with the depth at the WR position the Falcons have it is going to be difficult for him to make the roster.  The Falcons will likely keep 6 WRs and Julio, Roddy, Justin Hardy, and Hester will be 1, 2, 3, 4 in that order.  Leonard Hankerson will make the team unless he gets injured in pre season.  The best chance Wynn has of making the team is to beat out Eric Weems.  Weems isn't a great WR by any means, but he is a ST ace and that is where his value is.  Wynn is definately a better WR, but when you are that far down the depth chart you need to have value on ST (and for the Falcons it would not include return).  

I see Wynn most likely being signed to the practice squad and being called up if someone gets hurt.  He could very well beat Weems if the new coaching staff wants a younger option at WR since Weems is on his last leg.  However, I know for a fact that Weems has a ton of respect in the locker room and from coaches who have remained here.  Can't wait to see Wynn in pre season though!!