Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

He's Troy with a shot and D

not so fast. Troy was the 1st or 2nd best player on a very good Oak Hill team. OG was the best player on a mediocre Missouri high school team that lost their share of games to local teams.

I like OG and see the potential but he's not Troy with a shot and D. Yet.

not so fast. Troy was the 1st or 2nd best player on a very good Oak Hill team. OG was the best player on a mediocre Missouri high school team that lost their share of games to local teams.

I like OG and see the potential but he's not Troy with a shot and D. Yet.

I had to go back and edit my post and you must have quoted it before so. I intended it to be a question to the original poster that he mentioned seeing OG in games. I saw a few of his games online and he is pretty darn athletic. Of course not as athletic as Troy but their shooting abilities are night and day and OG was able to lockdown on D more than Troy. So if all else fails, OG will be able to shoot the ball well.
Troy definitely played bigger competition in HS but I think you could almost say that OG had more pressure put on him. His team lived and died by his scoring. It will be interesting to see him play against the competition next year.
I think him and Morgan will be interesting to watch coming into this season. 

Saying you were going to redshirt a player after the fact and actually red shirting a player are completely different.

No and I definitely agree that it was easier to say so after the season but if DD had not been hurt I wouldn't have been surprised, but Max probably would've still be unhappy and left and we'd be in the same spot haha

Juwan is not a 3. I would agree with redshirting OG though.

Perhaps, but I think his game translates a lot more to the 3.  He's about 6'6" 210 lbs and likes to shoot jumpers from the perimeter, I don't think his low post moves translate to the Big Ten.  I see him backing up Troy.

Perhaps, but I think his game translates a lot more to the 3. He's about 6'6" 210 lbs and likes to shoot jumpers from the perimeter, I don't think his low post moves translate to the Big Ten. I see him backing up Troy.

He's 6'8 255. I don't think he has the quickness to play on the perimeter in the B1G. I wouldn't like him as a 5, but I really don't think he's a 3.

I didn't get it from 247. I can't find it anywhere but I read where he told a writer that he was up around 250-60.

I read it too - maybe on Peegs. But I remember even the writer saying that 255 seemed awfully generous. But it does sound like he's around 6'7"-6'8", not 6'6" as had been posted. And everything I've read about his game makes him sound more like a 4 than a 3. I'm not sure that I have any basis for comparison here, but I would love to see someone who has seen him a lot compare him to Watford at the same age.

I read it too - maybe on Peegs. But I remember even the writer saying that 255 seemed awfully generous. But it does sound like he's around 6'7"-6'8", not 6'6" as had been posted. And everything I've read about his game makes him sound more like a 4 than a 3. I'm not sure that I have any basis for comparison here, but I would love to see someone who has seen him a lot compare him to Watford at the same age.

He looks really thick. Not necessarily fat, but just built very solid. If he transforms some of that into muscle he can be a monster.

He seems more athletic than CWat but not nearly the shooter. I'm trying to think of a comparison from what I've seen but can't really come up with a good one. I'm excited to see what exactly he can do at this level.

He looks really thick. Not necessarily fat, but just built very solid. If he transforms some of that into muscle he can be a monster.

He seems more athletic than CWat but not nearly the shooter. I'm trying to think of a comparison from what I've seen but can't really come up with a good one. I'm excited to see what exactly he can do at this level.

I think you're spot on with better athlete, but not near the shooter. But my goodness does his shot not look smooth and easy right here:
http://youtu.be/jfuEBMhuhu0

I didn't get it from 247. I can't find it anywhere but I read where he told a writer that he was up around 250-60.

My apologies. 247 is the only place I saw 255. Everywhere else said 210-215. I hope he's 250. He just didn't look it from the videos I've seen.

So you'd redshirt the two out of the three Freshman that we have coming, both of who happen to play on the wing where Troy will need to have someone back him up?  These guys are 3's, so I don't think they'll necessarily compete as much for minutes as you seem to think with guys like Devin, Hanner, and Emmit.  I wouldn't be opposed to reshirting one of them perhaps, but certainly not both of them.  

I would redshirt Holt if Davis shows he's 100%. They are similar players.

If I were Holt I would transfer if this ever happened.

Very much agree.  I think Holt more than earned his way with the play he gave us especially considering how late it was when he joined the team.  And this is in no way meant as a negative slap at DD.

I would redshirt Holt if Davis shows he's 100%. They are similar players.

Why would you redshirt Holt now? That takes away some depth and takes away a player who has proven he can play at a high level somewhat consistently. DD might come back and be good, but let's not expect too much.