Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Banksyrules

How Good Can We Be?

The only, talent wise, weakness I see is the need for a back up point guard.

But I think depth and talent wise ( not sure of mental toughness yet) this is the best team assembled in the Tom Crean Era.  Thoughts?

I think we have the talent to win it all? What do you guys think?

Don't know how Bryant can run or defend.   Don't know who backs up Yogi. Don't know how our TEAM defends.  And someone (who?) still has to go to make room, so depending on who that is....

Bryant gives us potential to be good; but his showing up doesn't - by itself - solve the problem.   We have lots of conjecture, but we won't know until January.  I would be very careful thinking this makes us a contender for a national title until we see how we look against a good team next season.

On paper we should be a top 10 team and Final Four contender. In reality, I'd put us somewhere in the 14-20 range and probably a sweet sixteen team.

I think this is the most talented team Crean has had, even more talented than the 2012 team. The 2012 team had a much better basketball IQ and was much more mature with more leadership.

Its all about how people progress this summer. If Bryant comes in and does what he is capable of and we can get growth out of who we have, this could be a great team. I think Troy is going to make a big jump this off season and I think JBJ does too. Throw in the rest of our team having another year under their belt and our other signings for next year and I don't know what our ceiling is. Its certainly high though.

As good as they want to be.  Coach Crean likely have one of the most talented rosters on paper in the NCAA.  I really hope the players recognize that they have the opportunity for something special next season and work their butts off this summer to reach it. 

Not sure he'll get much run but I like Morgan and think he can help in regards to defense and rebounding especially.

Holt is a good one too. We WILL have big man depth and that is a great thing. I hope OG and Juwan know they are coming on a stacked team and don't get impatient.

<-----------this guy is excited again.

This team can be really good. B1G contender and top 20 season all season. This is by far the most talented team under Crean but not sure how they will compete. The 2012-2013 team was hungry to compete and win the B1G.

Sr. Yogi >>> Fr. Yogi
JBJ >> Hulls
RoJo <<< Oladipo
Troy < CWat
Bryant << Zeller

Holt/Hartman/Perea/Z/Devin?
>> Elston/Sheehey/Abell/Hollowell

Maybe about equal? This teams floor should be a Sweet 16 and can contend as a FF team. The pieces are there.