Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

Yogi debating about entering the NBA Draft

Does Rabjohns have any info to back this vague tweet? I seriously have my doubts.

Exactly my thoughts, I swear these "writers" will say anything to get people's attention lol...how can you even read that and think "ya he's thinking about the nba".....Yogi could be thinking about anything under the sun besides the nba

Exactly my thoughts, I swear these "writers" will say anything to get people's attention lol...how can you even read that and think "ya he's thinking about the nba".....Yogi could be thinking about anything under then sun besides the nba

I actually think Yogi is researching the NBA. But a writer with (likely) no info to back it, shouldn't be openly speculating that that's the case based on a vague tweet.

Journalism has devolved from being correct to being first and getting noticed. The day after our season ended, there was an article titled "IU could lose 3 players to NBA draft" which went on to say our players didn't know what their plans were. Then yesterday you had Rabjohns retweeting someone who took Brad Stevens' response to the Texas rumors out of context by saying it was his response to returning to college. 

I actually think Yogi is researching the NBA. But a writer with (likely) no info to back it, shouldn't be openly speculating that that's the case based on a vague tweet.

Exactly! But on a side note yogi ain't going anywhere lol

@JeffRabjohns: Of course @YogiFerrell11 could also be researching the impact of collateralized debt obligations on a business' cash flow... We shall see...

Lol what a joke.

Yogi would be making a big mistake. He will not go high in the draft. Too short. If he can show more improvement in the next year he could drive up his draft position.

However if he and his family are in need of money he might choose to go now even though he will not get the top money it might be enough to get a good down payment. I remember I was shocked when Steve Alford never made it in the pros.

Yogi would be making a big mistake. He will not go high in the draft. Too short. If he can show more improvement in the next year he could drive up his draft position.

However if he and his family are in need of money he might choose to go now even though he will not get the top money it might be enough to get a good down payment. I remember I was shocked when Steve Alford never made it in the pros.

Steve Alford had a six year NBA career. That's kinda making it.

Yogi went to college for at a minimum two reasons: to develop as a basketball player and to obtain a college degree. By this summer he will have done both. He's not growing any more.

If he went to college for a third reason...to win a national championship for his home state's flagship program, I'd very much like him to consider coming back!

his family likely does not need the money; his parents have successful careers. He will do what he thinks is best for him, but I think most people will advise him to stay at IU for another year. He is smart and will likely listen

his family likely does not need the money; his parents have successful careers. He will do what he thinks is best for him, but I think most people will advise him to stay at IU for another year. He is smart and will likely listen

not to call you out...but...

Zeller was in the same boat...

and he bolted as soon as he possibly could...