Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

#IHSAA Boys/Girls State Tournament

I was so happy to see a crowd at the Columbus East sectional.  No really strong teams (Bloomington S had a great record, but not overly dominant), but the crowds were there!  Columbus North v Columbus East was a great game (although it was the first time I've seen a travelling call on someone who didn't have the ball, lol). East vs Bloomington South was another exciting game.  We haven't had good crowds for awhile here, thrilled to see them coming back!

11 hours ago, Alford Bailey said:

will be in Greenfield rooting on my Union County Patriots.

Nice. I heard they destroyed Northeastern. I'm a fellow TEC'er myself...

Back in the day, I loved this time of year in Indiana. I used to go to the sectionals and regionals every year with my dad. The newspaper would have brackets for all the local sectionals, then a full-page bracket for the state tournament (one class then). I would fill them out religiously -- even listening to the radio during sectional week to get the results. Ah, the memories ... 

I haven't lived in Indiana for nearly 30 years, so I don't know the quality of the teams remaining, but think it would be cool to see South Bend Riley (Damezi) and New Albany (Romeo) in the title game. I know both teams are alive heading into regionals, but after that, I don't know if there's a snowball's change of that happening, but still -- think it would be pretty cool. 

23 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Back in the day, I loved this time of year in Indiana. I used to go to the sectionals and regionals every year with my dad. The newspaper would have brackets for all the local sectionals, then a full-page bracket for the state tournament (one class then). I would fill them out religiously -- even listening to the radio during sectional week to get the results. Ah, the memories ... 

I haven't lived in Indiana for nearly 30 years, so I don't know the quality of the teams remaining, but think it would be cool to see South Bend Riley (Damzei) and New Albany (Romeo) in the title game. I know both teams are alive heading into regionals, but after that, I don't know if there's a snowball's change of that happening, but still -- think it would be pretty cool. 

TJD vs. Romeo is a strong possibility on Saturday night. This years Mr. Basketball vs. the potential 2019 Mr. Basketball. I wonder how many other  Mr. Basketballs have faced off in the State Tournament. I imagine not many. 

Edited by HoosierFan1994
edit

On 3/4/2018 at 6:30 PM, mamasa said:

I was so happy to see a crowd at the Columbus East sectional.  No really strong teams (Bloomington S had a great record, but not overly dominant), but the crowds were there!  Columbus North v Columbus East was a great game (although it was the first time I've seen a travelling call on someone who didn't have the ball, lol). East vs Bloomington South was another exciting game.  We haven't had good crowds for awhile here, thrilled to see them coming back!

that's an old Chuck Marlowe quote "we have travelling away from the ball"

Need advice fellas

Newman plays in Michigan City at 10, Galloway plays in LaPorte at the same time. Good chance both will advance. 

Thinking of catching Galloway, then hit second game at Michigan City (which is Damezi and Riley) and hopefully Newman and Damezi for the championship that night.

Sound like a plan?

On 3/7/2018 at 1:36 PM, HoosierFan1994 said:

TJD vs. Romeo is a strong possibility on Saturday night. This years Mr. Basketball vs. the potential 2019 Mr. Basketball. I wonder how many other  Mr. Basketballs have faced off in the State Tournament. I imagine not many. 

Damon Vs. Pat Graham in the early 90's

The Warren Central point guard looked really good vs Ben Davis. Do they have anybody with major scholarship offers? 

Not for basketball. They just play hard every game and do not beat themselves. They have been in a ton of close games. Number 10 is heading to play football at Michigan

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

Thanks. Today was the first time I've seen them play this year. They're definitely a gritty defensive team. They had a 3 minute offensive possession. Great game. Ben Davis could've sealed it, but missed those free throws late in the 4th. It was a great game.

Thanks. Today was the first time I've seen them play this year. They're definitely a gritty defensive team. They had a 3 minute offensive possession. Great game. Ben Davis could've sealed it, but missed those free throws late in the 4th. It was a great game.

Yes it was. Henry don’t do much in the first 3 quarters but got hot in the 4th. Ben davis losing their starting point guard in 1 st quarter to injury really hurt BD

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app