Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

Just adding onto this...I saw the DraftExpress top 100 a week or 2 ago and Jimbo wasn't even on it unless I missed him. I went over the list twice and nowhere to be found.

I noticed that too and went over a few times to make sure. He's nowhere to be found.

Troy isn't even projected to be drafted. I don't see him leaving for the league.

Yogi is currently projected at 42 by Draft Express though. He's could really cement an early second round pick with a solid tournament performance.

http://www.draftexpress.com/nba-mock-draft/2015/

On Yogi though..unless something terrible happens with this team, I don't see him leaving either. Leaving early for the draft because you are a projected 2nd round pick…never heard that one before. A contract for a 2nd rounder is not guaranteed 

It would be nice to be scrolling through the forum 4 days before a NCAA tournament game, a winnable one at that, and not see comment after comment about getting rid of our coach. The grass is always greener I guess.

. I'm in no way trying to be rude but couldn't you just avoid the thread if you knew it would frustrate you?

Timing of a decision and what was said to Bryant and the Makers is what I want to know.

so like people have said, one way or another people have known if he's going or staying. And if he's going & these guys are still coming to IU and making us a top choice; in my head it means either a GREAT coach is guaranteed to be here with connections to NBA (Stevens) or Crean is definitely staying.

The only thing I hope, is that if Crean and IU part ways, the fan base treats him amiably, and thanks him for restoring academic excellence and a much higher basketball standard at IU than when he started. Tom Crean has brought our fan base some incredible moments and memories, and deserves respect and thanks for his commitment to the program.

Hopefully as a fan base we can demonstrate class and gratitude towards someone who gave it everything they had, but fell short of our rightfully high expectations.

. I agree 100%.

That's why you HOPE we hire a better coach.

shake your damn head. Who cares?

I don't hope, I know. Crean isn't a good enough coach, plain and simple. Upgrading will not be a problem.

Yes I'll shake my damn head.

so like people have said, one way or another people have known if he's going or staying. And if he's going & these guys are still coming to IU and making us a top choice; in my head it means either a GREAT coach is guaranteed to be here with connections to NBA (Stevens) or Crean is definitely staying.

hypothetically, I can only see myself stoked with either Stevens or Donovan. Probably others I could get used too as well. If Crean is officially gone, I'll open my eyes/mind up to all options. This past year and a half has been so unusual.

I hope we show out in the tourney though no matter what!

hypothetically, I can only see myself stoked with either Stevens or Donovan. Probably others I could get used too as well. If Crean is officially gone, I'll open my eyes/mind up to all options. This past year and a half has been so unusual.

I hope we show out in the tourney though no matter what!

Marshall

I don't hope, I know. Crean isn't a good enough coach, plain and simple. Upgrading will not be a problem.

Yes I'll shake my damn head. Smh smh smh smh

How many upgrades are available out there? That is the most terrifying part of this. There are more worse hires than better and great hires out there. If IU isn't ready for this, or our targeted coaches aren't ready, CTC's potential departure would put us in a bind.

The only thing I hope, is that if Crean and IU part ways, the fan base treats him amiably, and thanks him for restoring academic excellence and a much higher basketball standard at IU than when he started. Tom Crean has brought our fan base some incredible moments and memories, and deserves respect and thanks for his commitment to the program.

Hopefully as a fan base we can demonstrate class and gratitude towards someone who gave it everything they had, but fell short of our rightfully high expectations.

You couldn't of had said it better.

. I'm in no way trying to be rude but couldn't you just avoid the thread if you knew it would frustrate you?

Yes I could, but honestly there are times that I like to try and see how fellow members of this fan base think.. We have a week break before a game I guess its fair to say that there is plenty of time for this kind of talk and it should be expected. It just gets to a point where it seems people are way more worried about getting rid of our coach then winning a game in the ultimate sporting event in the world(in my eyes). I respect everyones opinion and their ability to make them. We all want what is best for this program and I just happen to fall on the side that thinks a coach that has done as much as he has for our program deserves more than what he is getting from some of us.. 

"Crean has beat Izzo, Calipari, Thad, Shaka, etc. CANT RUN THE RACE WITHOUT THE HORSES"

That's not the point. Izzo, Calipari, and Thad are all proven winners at the highest level.

If Crean, a coach perceived as well below average by the fan base, upsets a solid mid-major coach with a better, more experienced squad, who is then immediately hired as the new coach a couple weeks later, how well do you think that will unite and inspire a fan base nervous and frustrated due to the failures of the last three coaching hires? 

Marshall

. I would not be very excited if we hired Marshall. I don't see him taking on the challenge of IU and being any better than Crean, honestly. It's going to take a very very special coach to satisfy our fanbase. HomeRun or chug along with Crean. **I believe the HomeRun is coming this spring.