Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosiersLoveBanners

Potential fallout from coaching change

um.....

Thread title should be different, but out coach should too. I really am not sure what else there is to say about that, unless a person likes watching Indiana lose.

i get what you are saying boss, all im saying is tonight wouldnt be a good night to start getting nasty on here.......ill just leave it at that my man

Stevens has only coached mid major college basketball and everyone loved him before he went to Boston. Gregg Marshall is in the same mold. He has never finished worse than 3rd in his conference in 16 years of head coaching experience. He is legit. I would fire Crean now and hire Marshall in a heartbeat. (Stevens would be my first call but I wouldn't hold the program hostage in the hopes of landing Stevens down the road.)

I could see the Celtics job similar to the IU job and he has done a great job in Boston.

Stevens has only coached mid major college basketball and everyone loved him before he went to Boston. Gregg Marshall is in the same mold. He has never finished worse than 3rd in his conference in 16 years of head coaching experience. He is legit. I would fire Crean now and hire Marshall in a heartbeat. (Stevens would be my first call but I wouldn't hold the program hostage in the hopes of landing Stevens down the road.)

Stevens would look good on the IU court. Maybe then we should have a real "sold" out game. Gregg reminds me too much of Crean hahah

As a poster just mentioned, Bill D would be nice. 

Stephens would be great, but I'm not sure how likely it is we'd get him. I'm not sold on Marshall though. My choice would be Mark Few, but I doubt he'd ever leave Gonzaga. I'd be happy with Donovan.

Stevens would look good on the IU court. Maybe then we should have a real "sold" out game. Gregg reminds me too much of Crean hahah

As a poster just mentioned, Bill D would be nice. 

Except Marshall's teams are good fundamentally and defensively.  Oh, and the guy has done nothing but win everywhere he's been albeit in weaker conferences.

I've been very hesitant to call for a change, but I think at this point a change is almost needed.

Essentially no one continues to like and support Tom Crean as Indiana men's basketball coach. Why would anyone want to play in an environment with a palpable sense of disdain from the fans to the coach? Crean has stagnated from results to recruiting, and no one knows if he can rise out of that.

I know people may be hesitant of the unknown and don't want to make a lateral move. But at some point you have to trust the power of the Indiana name as well as money to lure an upgrade at coach, presumably an upper tier coach.

I don't think Crean is necessarily a bad coach. I'd like him down here in my hometown at WKU. But I just don't think he can continue being Indiana's coach. He has given his all to the program but that just doesn't seem to be enough.

If Indiana misses the tournament, then a change definitely needs to be made.

This is the best post on this site tonight

If we're not going to get Stevens, then don't bother firing Crean for nothing. I don't need a mid-major coach coaching here. 

Stevens was a mid-major coach. John Calipari was a mid-major coach before going to UK. I want someone who knows basketball and can handle big boy shoes. Doesn't matter where he comes from.

i get what you are saying boss, all im saying is tonight wouldnt be a good night to start getting nasty on here.......ill just leave it at that my man

Thats cool mod, check my post history and you'll notice that I don't have a history of getting "Nasty" on here. 

Thats cool mod, check my post history and you'll notice that I don't have a history of getting "Nasty" on here. 

no one ever said it was you man, you were the one that replied to my comment addressing everyone..........so i replied back to you letting you know what i meant

I've been very hesitant to call for a change, but I think at this point a change is almost needed.

Essentially no one continues to like and support Tom Crean as Indiana men's basketball coach. Why would anyone want to play in an environment with a palpable sense of disdain from the fans to the coach? Crean has stagnated from results to recruiting, and no one knows if he can rise out of that.

I know people may be hesitant of the unknown and don't want to make a lateral move. But at some point you have to trust the power of the Indiana name as well as money to lure an upgrade at coach, presumably an upper tier coach.

I don't think Crean is necessarily a bad coach. I'd like him down here in my hometown at WKU. But I just don't think he can continue being Indiana's coach. He has given his all to the program but that just doesn't seem to be enough.

If Indiana misses the tournament, then a change definitely needs to be made.

first let me tell you, the sky is falling, gent. Second, I would be eager for a trade of coaches with WKU. Ray Harper is successful everywhere he's been.