Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

BB, I want to conduct an experiment...

112 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tom Crean be our head coach next year?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Tom Crean to be our head coach next year?

• Yes
    • No

My answer I heck NO. But I am going to have to say unfortunately yes because our AD doesn't think we're elite enough to buyout this clown?? So I guess he's figuring why not one more year?

Fred needs to go with him if he gives CTC yet ANOTHER chance

Theory...the reason we played with no effort against Iowa is crean told the team he is leaving...couple days to recover = better effort today. He wont be back

This halfway seems plausible. Then again, why would he basically sabotage a game by telling the team he's leaving?

I'm, by far, in the minority.

Yes and yes.

I believe that even though his in game coaching has some question marks (maybe that's generous), his other coaching skills, relationships with his players, and ability to develop talent is superb. He also does what IU fans have traditionally bragged on and that is graduate his kids. Often they do it in 3 years. Lastly, whether it's him, or his assistants, he does recruit well. Granted Thomas Bryant was basically just gifted to us by Syracuse.

Yes and yes.

I believe that even though his in game coaching has some question marks (maybe that's generous), his other coaching skills, relationships with his players, and ability to develop talent is superb. He also does what IU fans have traditionally bragged on and that is graduate his kids. Often they do it in 3 years. Lastly, whether it's him, or his assistants, he does recruit well. Granted Thomas Bryant was basically just gifted to us by Syracuse.

unless I missed something we haven't signed Bryant yet?

Yes and yes.

What makes you think his relationships with players is so great, he seems to run a lot of them off.

Bryant hasn't commited yet and his recruiting is actually highly suspect, if you have paid attention.

Ability to develop talent? Seriously?

What makes you think his relationships with players is so great, he seems to run a lot of them off.

Bryant hasn't commited yet and his recruiting is actually highly suspect, if you have paid attention.

Ability to develop talent? Seriously?

I would say he provides an atmosphere and environment for his players to develop.  Similar to him allowing an atmosphere and environment for his players to make stupid decisions off the court.

I think it's about time to bring this thread back. Looks like the majority of  us were right and I'm not surprised how many people thought Crean wasn't coming back given how high emotions were running near the end of the season.

How'd you guys do in your predictions?

I think one thing we all learned is that BTB needs to take a chill pill once in a while.

Gut says yes, but I so hope no.

Crap, sometimes I really hate being right. I have little faith in this administration to do right by the program right now, especially not while Glass has any input.

Another year of yelling "friggin move!!!" while multiple players stand around watching, making 8 in a row. Another year of not feeding the post with a talented big, making 4. Another year of mind boggling substitutions and inept zone offense. Yay, can't wait....