Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

swatford

BB, I want to conduct an experiment...

112 members have voted

1. 1. Will Tom Crean be our head coach next year?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Do you want Tom Crean to be our head coach next year?

• Yes
    • No

Here's another nugget from Fred: http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/03/05/fred-glass-on-tom-crean-to-espn-he-has-my-full-support/

I'm a little surprised at the results. I thought for sure the majority (although I'll admit I wasn't expecting a huge majority) would expect him to be back next year.

Oh well, the bets have been set in stone. This will be interesting to revisit in a couple weeks/months

He will be our coach next year, no I do not want him to be.

Here's what's going to happen. He will keep his job after this season, then do enough in future years to stay aboard.
That will lead us to years of mediocrity. This bothers the hell out of me.

Barring a total collapse from here (prior to MSU), yes I think so for two reasons:

1.  IU admin and general culture is not as pro basketball as it once was.

2. IU is not in a financial position to buyout an athletic coach that has such a lucrative contract...unless of course some Cuban or Cook-like $$ step in.

Barring a total collapse from here (prior to MSU), yes I think so for two reasons:

1.  IU admin and general culture is not as pro basketball as it once was.

2. IU is not in a financial position to buyout an athletic coach that has such a lucrative contract...unless of course some Cuban or Cook-like $$ step in.

Kelleyhoosh posted a link breaking down Crean's contract and buyout on another thread.  It looks like it wouldn't be that expensive and an agreement could be reached for much less.  I believe 41 posted earlier that the money is there for the buyout.

Kelleyhoosh posted a link breaking down Crean's contract and buyout on another thread.  It looks like it wouldn't be that expensive and an agreement could be reached for much less.  I believe 41 posted earlier that the money is there for the buyout.

http://threeriverslaw.com/2015/03/how-to-read-a-contract-or-the-buyout-of-tom-crean/