Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

mdn82

Post Game IU vs. Northwestern

I wonder how much support Crean has left. He had been losing support for awhile now but losing at home to Purdue and to NW is bad.

I generally like him more than most, but I don't know how much he can really be defended at this point. I don't feel comfortable calling for his job, but I wouldn't call myself a big supporter. Crean's support continues to dwindle steadily and this fuels the fire.

If the Indiana name still carries as much weight as I hope -- "It's Indiana" -- I would hope that along with some money the Indiana name could help bring a better coach in. I don't know who that better coach would be, but Indiana will never get a better head basketball coach if it doesn't try.

Glass signed off on that contract, he tied himself to Crean's hip. Crean goes, Glass is probably going with him.

. Glass is such a great AD. The extension is about the only true mistake he's made. He's such a great fundraiser that I think he still has a small window to save his own job. You can bet your ass that he'll change his tune on Crean here soon. Did anyone take anything from his comment in the Star (and I'm paraphrasing) about "having the money put aside in case there needs to be a coaching change, especially in any of the major sports"? Am I reading into this too much or is it Glass' way of letting people know he prepared for this situation?

. Glass is such a great AD. The extension is about the only true mistake he's made. He's such a great fundraiser that I think he still has a small window to save his own job. You can bet your ass that he'll change his tune on Crean here soon. Did anyone take anything from his comment in the Star (and I'm paraphrasing) about "having the money put aside in case there needs to be a coaching change, especially in any of the major sports"? Am I reading into this too much or is it Glass' way of letting people know he prepared for this situation?

I think Glass gets it and will do what it takes to save his job. I don't think it happens this offseason unless we totally collapse and make the nit. I think he gets one more year.

I really believe Crean is more than good enough for IU; fact is it's a bottom line deal and that is too bad because a great man and fine coach will be **** on for taking on a challenge. An enormous challenge.

IU is in a much better place because of Tom Crean. But he can't survive this. He created a monster. We got a taste and thought we were back.

I really believe Crean is more than good enough for IU; fact is it's a bottom line deal and that is too bad because a great man and fine coach will be **** on for taking on a challenge. An enormous challenge.

IU is in a much better place because of Tom Crean. But he can't survive this. He created a monster. We got a taste and thought we were back.

I think you are over analyzing this a bit. Its not because we got a taste it is because these types of seasons are not good enough. You have to win here to be successful. He knew when he took this job that at some point there would be expectations that is what he used to brag up our fans about was our passion and winning tradition. Time will tell if he is good enough but right now it is looking like he is

Everyone who thinks Crean will be fired after this year need to accept it's not going to happen.  We'll win our last 2 home games and finish 11-7 in conference, get into the tournament and win the first round matchup, and that will be enough to justify bringing him back next year.  It is what it is.

If we go 1-1 though the next games I would be shocked.

Both teams are capable of playing defense, and that is one thing that is not different on the road. Unless we are shooting lights out we will lose the last two games.

Can we win the B1G tourney to get into the dance.....No

you can be religious and be tough lol. The thing that bothers me most and is most telling is his kids make the same mistakes time and time over. It leads me to believe he isnt correcting the right things in practice or not getting the point across to them. You are 100% right that for whatever the reason his teams have a toughness issue