Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

HoosierAloha

Spew your crap about Crean here

That's really all this site is now. Two sides who disagree but its ok to comment if you like crean but if you don't like him then there's several members who will act like babies about it.

thats all iu fandom is on and off this site if only I could find the crean supporters off here lol

I have had issues with crean since the season when we were ranked number one. We had all that talent and it really put his coaching short comings on full display. A instance that really got me was on his radio show he was asked a question about will being in a shooting slump and crean stated that I am not his psychiatrist. In my book a coach is his players basketball psychiatrist on and off the court. I think he over thinks the game and in some ways makes it more complicated than it needs to be. Just my opinion.

That's really all this site is now. it.

It depends on how u use the site. I still post and read other College BB info, recruiting info, other IU sports info, OT convos, gameday threads, pickems and such.

I get wrapped up in the "state of the program" stuff as much as anyone but I stay involved in all the other stuff too.

It depends on how u use the site. I still post and read other College BB info, recruiting info, other IU sports info, OT convos, gameday threads, pickems and such.

I get wrapped up in the "state of the program" stuff as much as anyone but I stay involved in all the other stuff too.

As do I but its apples and oranges to how it used to be.

There are many games that have a tipping point. A point if this would have happened, but the record is a reflection of what actually happened. If, ands, or buts are just conjecture. Look at the PSU game, if that shot would have been .02 sooner, it wohld have been overtime. But it wasnt

Let's assume, or shall I say, "dream", that Tom Crean were to wake up today and have an epiphany, and that epiphany was that he just wasn't suited for coaching basketball, (I know, the rest of us woke up to this realization about three years ago, but bear with me).

What would be a good alternate job position for the ex coach Tom Crean?

Here are a few ideas that came to mind

*Snake Oil Salesman

*Public advocate for the legalization of Pot in Indiana

*Public advocate for dropping the legal drinking age to 15 in the state of Indiana

*Spokesperson for Pearle Vision

*Celebrity advocate for Rittalin

*Used Car Salesman for "Lemons-R-Us".

*Summer Camp Counselor

*Low security prison guard

*Cheerleader

*Personal Valet for Jim Harbaugh

*Athletic Director at St. Mary of the Woods

*Adult film star under the stage name "Uncle Perv"

*Circus clown for Ringling Bros

Please feel free to add your own ideas.

I think he would be a great assistant in the NBA.

There is only one side. I am the only person who still believes tom crean knows anything about coaching.

I think that you are being a little short sighted. I believe that even the worst critic of Crean could and should realize that he actually has done a pretty good job with this team, save for a few instances. The starting of Harttman at center, and the way he has utilized the talent that he has this year with the shooters comes to mind. The problem with Crean is pretty much a mirror image of the problem with Mike Davis......We don't need a coach at Indiana that has to learn on the job. The coach at Indiana should be fully equipped to handle any situation with his coaching acumen. What we are faced with now, is the fact that Tommy has taken us absolutely as far as he ever will and that doesn't sit well with people when he is getting paid out of this world $ and a huge buyout. That goes diectly to Glass. He handcuffed us with this clown, and now we are paying for it. Crean did a great job cleaning and building the program back to its current level. Noone will argue that. But, he has proven time and again that he is not a great x's and o's coach. His resume was that he was an elite recruiter. Thats what he hung his hat on. Well, now we are seeing that is not the case as well. With no bigs in the coming class, and none waiting in the wings. Sadly, with all that said. Glass has hitched his horse to Tommy's wagon and it will not change. Glass is too arrogant to admit he made a mistake, and it will be his undoing. As fans all we can do is watch this trainwreck, because it is out of our hands. I always love my Hoosiers through thick and thin. But I am sorry, it is not being a bad fan to want to get back to being elite.  

Has anyone else seen Wisconsin's team this year and said, "that's how I wish we would have played in 2012-2013". Looking back, the losses that our team had that year should have never happened.. When we lost to Illinois I was like, oh they just got lucky on a last second shot. But now, I realize that Crean can't inbounds a ball or defend an inbounds play. When we lost to Butler, Nebraska, Minnesota, each time I was just convinced that good teams just happen to lose games in the B1G. But now I look back and say "man if so and so was our coach, I don't think that we would have lost those games."

I see Kamisky this year and just wish we would have used Zeller the same way.. At the time Crean seemed great, but now... What an idiot.

Has anyone else seen Wisconsin's team this year and said, "that's how I wish we would have played in 2012-2013". Looking back, the losses that our team had that year should have never happened.. When we lost to Illinois I was like, oh they just got lucky on a last second shot. But now, I realize that Crean can't inbounds a ball or defend an inbounds play. When we lost to Butler, Nebraska, Minnesota, each time I was just convinced that good teams just happen to lose games in the B1G. But now I look back and say "man if so and so was our coach, I don't think that we would have lost those games."

I see Kamisky this year and just wish we would have used Zeller the same way.. At the time Crean seemed great, but now... What an idiot.

Not really. I actually preferred our pace. We were top 20 in offense and defense. Only other team that year that could say that was UL. That year our February/March was UL January into Feb. We played our worst ball at the wrong time. I think that does fall on Crean, but I do not prefer Bo Ryan's team to that team.

Bo Ryan hasn't shown me anything this year that says he can compete with UK or Duke. Like every other year he will not sniff a title.

There is only one side. I am the only person who still believes tom crean knows anything about coaching.

Crean knows plenty about coaching undisciplined basketball. He knows nothing about coaching defense. I've wanted him gone for the last two years, and realize that is not going to happen until his buyout is more reasonable.

As far as Bo Ryan's team, yes I wished IU played more like them. They may not contend for a championship this season, but the are in much better position to do so than Indiana.  

I gave CTC a pass for last year. He built the program from nothing to a #1 ranking, a Big 10 championship, and a #1 seed in the NCAA tournament. He did it while maintaining a balanced roster. It took a year longer than I expected to to get back to the top, but we made it.

The roster turnover that caused the performance drop off last year would have been difficult to avoid. It was made worse from a cancer in the locker room and lack of focus and performance from Hollowell and the defection of Fischer.

Our performance on defense and lack of a desire to utilize or bring in proper post players concerns me into the future. From a coaching and program view, we could do better. I would support a coaching change as long as we got a major upgrade. Getting someone that isn't a significant improvement would be a mistake. I would prefer that CTC and the staff would improve. The game at Rutgers is a must win for the season and the future of this coaching staff.   

It simply shows the illogical nature of fan adoration; the margin is that small. Tom Brady isn't a top 15 QB all time but he gets mentioned because of a kicker.

I hate the patriots and Brady more than anything else in football but WOW! This post did not do you any favors nor did any of your others today especially the one you edited.