Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

IU Hoosier41

NCAA Tournament Talk

Couldn't agree more. I'd argue that IU will be one of the most dangerous teams outside the top 12-16 (as those are givens). Our offense gives us the ability to pull spectacular upsets or incredible collapse. Given how the team has shown up for big games, I hope that we can pull at least one or two of the former prior to the inevitable latter.

My ONLY concern is that the team drives deeper than can imagine (elite 8 would qualify) and Troy/Yogi/JBJ/Priller gain enough national notoriety and leaves for the draft. 

I stand by my assertion that this team can be something special next year if we can stay together. That said, I won't be upset if we accidentally hang a banner his year (a la UCONN). 

I understand your concern of national exposure. The flip side being that such a deep run could also give them a taste of success and would make them want to come back another year to go deeper into the tourney.

I understand your concern of national exposure. The flip side being that such a deep run could also give them a taste of success and would make them want to come back another year to go deeper into the tourney.

Agreed. It's a razors edge and, gun to my head (or not), I'd take success any day. 

You're right, where did that perimeter J come from? I had to adjust my strategy from yelling at Troy every time he takes a jumper to holding back.

I honestly think he could've been using it already, but shied away till now. Sounded like he worked hard on it in the off-season.

You're right, where did that perimeter J come from? I had to adjust my strategy from yelling at Troy every time he takes a jumper to holding back. 

It was incremental too. Started off with the 15' baseline shot, then the 17-18' jumper, then went outside the arc when the lead was comfortable.