Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

JaybobHoosier

Pre-Season 2015

Look for the Astros to surprise this year.  I'm not saying they'll win the World Series (or make the playoffs) but they have quietly made some off-season moves to bolster their pitching lineup and bullpen.  They have a young roster that is quick and powerful.  They have one of the top 2 or 3 farm clubs in the game right now.  I will be disappointed if they aren't in the Wild Card hunt come season's end.  Might be a tad high on the expectations scale...if not this year, definitely next.

PECOTA projections have the Phils tied for the worst record in baseball with the Twins.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/fantasy/dc/

Good for me!  Means getting tix won't be an issue!  lol  :)  Being where we are, this summer I'm looking to take in a day game in DC and a night game in Baltimore w/my son.  Hoping to anyway.

If the White Sox don't battle for a play-off spot after all their moves, it could be snapville. I'm getting too old for crappy teams.

huge soxs fan here. Espn has us ranked 23rd in the bigs. Said we made flashy deals but didn't help the team much. But then the article went on to say if things come together they can win 90+...
For hawk's health I hope they win the central. I don't want a wild card I want the central

huge soxs fan here. Espn has us ranked 23rd in the bigs. Said we made flashy deals but didn't help the team much. But then the article went on to say if things come together they can win 90+...
For hawk's health I hope they win the central. I don't want a wild card I want the central

How do you sign or trade for a starting OF, 1b/DH, a #2 SP, and a closer and not improve?!?

ChiSox will be over .500 minimum and can contend in the Central where the Tigers are a little down from where they used to be and the Royals likely won't have everything go perfect for them again.

How do you sign or trade for a starting OF, 1b/DH, a #2 SP, and a closer and not improve?!?
ChiSox will be over .500 minimum and can contend in the Central where the Tigers are a little down from where they used to be and the Royals likely won't have everything go perfect for them again.

preaching to the choir but that's where espn ranks 'em

You just had to bring that up didn't you?  I'm still not over that.

Ya, the Yanks not offering is a bit strange. I'm starting to worry if they know something nobody  else does. I'd hate for my baseball team to get TRich'd like my football team.

I have Jeter's last home game on DVR where Robertson gave up 2 bombs in the 9th. It helped me get over it quicker.

I'm looking forward to a Betances/Miller R/L combo.

Ya, the Yanks not offering is a bit strange. I'm starting to worry if they know something nobody  else does. I'd hate for my baseball team to get TRich'd like my football team.

I wouldn't.  I just think they were going cheap, well cheap-ish considering the contract they gave a less proven player.

I have Jeter's last home game on DVR where Robertson gave up 2 bombs in the 9th. It helped me get over it quicker.

I'm looking forward to a Betances/Miller R/L combo.

Even the greatest closer in baseball history had his moments.  Robertson did just fine filling in, and at the absolute worst deserved an offer.  That ticks me off more than anything, I can handle losing him if he takes a better offer but he never even had an offer and it was idiotic.