Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Magnanimous

Indiana won't be Indiana until it wants to be Indiana

How are you so sure Glass made a mistake? How do you know that? That is serious arrogance and we see it day after day on here. IU needs to hold interviews via PM on here. Then the sixth banner would go up.

There is an old saying   The proof is in the pudding! I have seen enough well coached basketball over the years to realize that this guy is NOT the answer. Nice guy, yes...Players go to class, Yes....Does things the right way as far as recruiting, Yes. What he has shown is a way to be consistently mediocre and nothing more. I am positive that there is NO WAY that this guy does anything better than he has already done. I will back it up by saying this.......If Crean wins a National Championship, I will gladly never post on this Forum again. Maybe one of the mods can save this post. I REALLY want to be wrong about this, but I am that sure that it will NEVER happen under this coach.  

I don't have to be an insider to see these things play out during the 40 minutes that count. My eyes are all I need to see the things I mentioned.

Also, hulls was a star. One of the best shooters in the country during his time at IU. . Along with Watford as well. Then add in Yogi, and 2 of the top 4 picks, in Oladipo and Zeller. We had one of the best IU teams I have seen at IU and certainly the best starting five in all of college basketball that year and we couldn't even get past the sweet 16.

Go ahead and trust your eyes, I'll trust the guy who Zeller wanted to play for.

Teams get upset every year. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand. A 1 seed isn't a ticket to the Final Four. Everyone wanted to go farther. But it only takes one night.

There is an old saying The proof is in the pudding! I have seen enough well coached basketball over the years to realize that this guy is NOT the answer. Nice guy, yes...Players go to class, Yes....Does things the right way as far as recruiting, Yes. What he has shown is a way to be consistently mediocre and nothing more. I am positive that there is NO WAY that this guy does anything better than he has already done. I will back it up by saying this.......If Crean wins a National Championship, I will gladly never post on this Forum again. Maybe one of the mods can save this post. I REALLY want to be wrong about this, but I am that sure that it will NEVER happen under this coach.

I'm glad you are so sure. But it's impossible to know and that's a stupid way of doing business. The first time the next coach subs out the hot hand let's fire him as well because clearly he doesn't understand coaching or the game.

You don't know what is going to happen to the roster. The recruiting is not all publicized. No big man or point in sight? Check again later.

Really? We're already oversigned for next year with wing players. So no big man or PG. Yogi leaves after 16 and if we bring in a PG he's a freshman and it will take at least a year for him to develop, as PG is the toughest position to transition into at the college level. So best case scenario at this point is we don't have a reliable PG until 2017-18. Same thing goes for centers. OAD centers create a foundation. Unless Crean lands a OAD and a reliable backup like he did with Fischer and Vonleh, we're not looking at any consistency at the center position to 2017-18 as well. Crean's not making it until then without some serious good fortune.

I have been around since the McCracken era. What I am hearing here is what I heard in the barbershop as a young lad. It is funny that as much as things have changed, human nature has not. I imagine that long after I am gone, that there will be the same arguments going around as there were then as they are today.

Except for the week after we win the national championship:) then it is all good

Go ahead and trust your eyes, I'll trust the guy who Zeller wanted to play for.

Teams get upset every year. I don't understand why this is so hard for people to understand. A 1 seed isn't a ticket to the Final Four. Everyone wanted to go farther. But it only takes one night.

of ALL the things you say. THIS is the point I fully agree with you. We were really, really good that year but so were 10 or so other teams, including Syracuse. Crap happens. We may not have had the best game plan, but that happens too. I don't dislike Crean because of that loss at all.

Really? We're already oversigned for next year with wing players. So no big man or PG. Yogi leaves after 16 and if we bring in a PG he's a freshman and it will take him for him to develop. So best case scenario at this point is we don't have a reliable PG until 2017-18. Same thing goes for centers. OAD centers create a foundation. Unless Crean lands a OAD and a reliable backup like he did with Fischer and Vonleh, we're not looking at any consistency at the center position to 2017-18 as well. Crean's not making it until then without some serious good fortune.

The oversign is irrelevant. We actually signed two players who will play the 3 and 4/5. OG's coaches think he is going to get to 6'11" as a wing.

You really think IU won't sign a big man this spring? Really? You think Crean will go into next season like that? Really? The point guard thing isn't that big of a deal. They are interchangeable so james and Robert are enough. Need to replace Yogi, I agree. But we have guards.

I'm glad you are so sure. But it's impossible to know and that's a stupid way of doing business. The first time the next coach subs out the hot hand let's fire him as well because clearly he doesn't understand coaching or the game.

it's not necessarily the first time or the second time that bothers folks. It's the third, fourth, fifth, six, seventh...aww hell, ya know what I mean! Lol

it's not necessarily the first time or the second time that bothers folks. It's the third, fourth, fifth, six, seventh...aww hell, ya know what I mean! Lol

I can't stand some of it, either. But it's his philosophy and me bellyaching doesn't do anything but make me look like a know it all hack.

We have actually gassed some teams because we stay fresh, but he'll never get credit for that. It had to have been something else, ha

And Knight. Didn't say it was hard; said he's done far more than anyone else and we want him gone. For what? Just to give someone else a try?
He's earned more time. Period.

So because he has done more than Samscum, Davis, and Knight who didn't fit with th way players are going he deserves more time. Others have brought up lowered expectations. But this is ridiculous

So because he has done more than Samscum, Davis, and Knight who didn't fit with th way players are going he deserves more time. Others have brought up lowered expectations. But this is ridiculous

That is not *why* he deserves more time. I just find it ridiculous that anyone would think of firing a coach a year removed from a conference title.

That is not *why* he deserves more time. I just find it ridiculous that anyone would think of firing a coach a year removed from a conference title.

So...... you typed and hit post on that for what reason again. We've overachieved exactly once in his tenure, and flamed out early in the tournament once. Our recruiting future looks bleak at best at the current time. The only time we've ever had a good defense he needed an extraordinary defensive talent on the roster. But yeah,it is ridiculous that fans either want better results or to go in a new direction

So...... you typed and hit post on that for what reason again. We've overachieved exactly once in his tenure, and flamed out early in the tournament once. Our recruiting future looks bleak at best at the current time. The only time we've ever had a good defense he needed an extraordinary defensive talent on the roster. But yeah,it is ridiculous that fans either want better results or to go in a new direction

I wish I had all of the answers like you. You guys act like the coaching staff is okay with the things you complain about. You don't think they're saying the same things? Difference is they are working with these kids. You guys Monday morning quarterback til there's no tomorrow.

I wish I had all of the answers like you. You guys act like the coaching staff is okay with the things you complain about. You don't think they're saying the same things? Difference is they are working with these kids. You guys Monday morning quarterback til there's no tomorrow.

Nope. This is a message board for this type of talk. What should we be discussing exactly. You're being ridiculous by trying to tell everyone they're flat out wrong about what they're saying. In reality you don't have any more of a clue what Crean is saying and doing than anyone disagreeing with you

Even Fischer and Dakich were dancing around their words last night...everyone is walking on eggshells...even in the gym

You mean when Dakich was repeatedly saying Crean is doing, and I quote, "a masterful job this season."

Not defending him, but Dakich was only attacking Crean's subs and rightfully so.

Nope. This is a message board for this type of talk. What should we be discussing exactly. You're being ridiculous by trying to tell everyone they're flat out wrong about what they're saying. In reality you don't have any more of a clue what Crean is saying and doing than anyone disagreeing with you

I have NOT told anyone they were wrong. I am simply pointing out that it actually is possible to be unsure of what the future holds. It is possible to believe in this coach. We don't have to simply resign to perpetuating half truths and low blows toward the coach that don't really mean anything.

It definitely amazes me that fans are this upset. Be careful what we wish for. Get rid of a guy like Crean, okay. But it could slip farther than you guys imagine... Another change, more instability at IU. Personally I don't think this program will be elite until fans move on from what worked in the 80s. Most refuse to; they only want a program like Knight's. I wish those days would return too, but have you seen prep basketball these days? Kids come in and don't know how to play any defense other than pick up your man.

my favorite MOST TELLING comment all week.

This doesn't say anything. Only does if you allow it to fulfill what you want to hear. Unless bball4IU starts giving reliable information again, I consider his posts to be based on his opinion. I have not seen a post from "in the gym" in a few months.