Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

maharkn

Line up when Hanner gets healthy

Ride this momentum. Ride it until a team figures out how to stop it. It honestly doesn't even matter if the other team has a big guy that is going to destroy us. You can't stop our shooters when they are on and you won't win scoring a layup vs our 3 ball.

It's a challenge for anyone to guard this team the way they are set up now so I say run with it. Hartman adds SO much to the offensive side and honestly isn't that much different than Hanner on the defensive side.

Let me get this straight; he can defend Dodd and Layman, but he can't defend Haas or Hammons, and Hanner somehow can?

Disagree.

Hammons is a better player than either of those guys. Purdue doesn't have shooters like Maryland and will almost certainly work the ball inside throughout the game.

Hammons is a better player than either of those guys. Purdue doesn't have shooters like Maryland and will almost certainly work the ball inside throughout the game.

Agree!

My primary point of contention with your original thought is that Hanner could somehow do a better job than CH on them.

Were he to start, Hanner will pick up two fouls in a big hurry, and CH and Emmitt would end up guarding them anyway.

Call me crazy, but from what I've seen so far this season, I actually think Colin might be a better post defender than Hanner.  He may not have the size or the athleticism, but he's a smart and opportunistic defender.  He has good feet and actually blocks out.  I think Colin deserves to start, but I'm not sure it's what is best for the team.

I think if there is anything we have learned throughout this year is that Crean knows what he is doing. He knows how to work his lineups, he has proved that. So whatever he goes with will be the best for the squad. I think its good to know now that if Hanner starts, Hartman can back him up and vice versa. I think Hanner slowly works his way back when he starts playing again. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Hartman still starting and Hanner slowly getting minutes back but eventually I see Hanner as the starter

Call me crazy, but from what I've seen so far this season, I actually think Colin might be a better post defender than Hanner.  He may not have the size or the athleticism, but he's a smart and opportunistic defender.  He has good feet and actually blocks out.  I think Colin deserves to start, but I'm not sure it's what is best for the team.

For one...I won't call you crazy...I think that you hit it on the head.  Hanner is an "athlete", while CH is a basketball player.  CH knows how to play defense, he can shoot, is fundamentally sound, he hustles...frankly he is the epitome of Indiana basketball.

I feel like it needs to be discussed more on the reasons why Hanner was in the locker room for this huge game.  

I just can't wrap my head around the advantages of having him do so...

Do you know anything? Inquiring minds would like to know....

I feel like it needs to be discussed more on the reasons why Hanner was in the locker room for this huge game.  

Have i missed something...the guy is just injured, right?  

If he is still a member of the team, he should absolutely be in the locker room.  Did anyone else watch the movie Friday Night Lights (yeah, I know that it is a football movie, in Texas, but it still applies)?  The scene in the locker room at halftime of the state finals when coach tells his team to play for Boobie Miles...that is why he should be in the locker room.

If he is still a member of the team, he should absolutely be in the locker room.  Did anyone else watch the movie Friday Night Lights (yeah, I know that it is a football movie, in Texas, but it still applies)?  The scene in the locker room at halftime of the state finals when coach tells his team to play for Boobie Miles...that is why he should be in the locker room.

Usually injured players sit on or behind the bench during the game (i.e. Devin Davis was on the bench for this game).  Hanner being in the locker room is a little peculiar, and the only other time I can recall that happening in the Crean tenure was with Troy and Stan earlier this year when they were suspended.  It just seems odd to deprive Hanner a first hand look at the biggest game of the year to this point.

In the locker room with the team (pregame, halftime, postgame) yes... In the locker room while the team is out on the floor (wiping it with turtle shells) NO...

In the locker room with the team (pregame, halftime, postgame) yes... In the locker room while the team is out on the floor (wiping it with turtle shells) NO...

Oh...OK...now I think I am up to speed.  Thanks.

He may have been getting in some rehab time with his knee. Either having a trainer work on it or biking to rebuild some strength. I don't think there is a conspiracy afoot.

I like this line up when we can pull it off. I think we need Hanner for bigger teams like Purdue and maybe Iowa. Hartman can't defend Hammons or Haas.

I doubt Hanner can either but Between Him and Holt that's 10 hacks to play physical with.