Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

WayneFleekHoosier

@Illinois game thread. 1pm Sunday

As an Indiana born and raised old-timer, makes me long for the days when we could watch all the IU games on Channel 4!

Yes---Channel 4 --sponsored by State Farm Insurance---the mop lady sings and the whole nine yards!

Life was sure a whole lot more simple when the only thing to watch was IU Basketball!

As an Indiana born and raised old-timer, makes me long for the days when we could watch all the IU games on Channel 4!

My jr. high coach used to drive me to a bowling alley in Warsaw to watch the games. It was the closest place to South Bend/Mishawaka that carried channel 4.

I would have to go outside and move the antenna and my wife would scream at me with a different kind of scream than usual when I had a signal that was only 50% snow. Used to love hearing Fish doing the games. Man those were the days.

For my wedding gift, my dad bought me a tower and antenna with a motor so i could turn the antenna from inside. Best gift i ever had. A side note on my wedding night i watched IU VS UK and was never forgiven.

There was no way of recording the game back then. She had to understand.

I would have to go outside and move the antenna and my wife would scream at me with a different kind of scream than usual when I had a signal that was only 50% snow. Used to love hearing Fish doing the games. Man those were the days.

I remember my grandpa having me do the same thing. Then sitting in his basement next to an old wood burning stove. Best memories of grandpa and biggest reason I'm a Hoosier fan today.