Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

They are fun to watch. If the defense gets better they could be a really hard team to beat.

And the defense has shown improvement, especially since Louisville. If they can continue to improve this, we could become such a dangerous team.

Agree with OP, this team is really fun to watch. In a down B1G, they could really make these next few months interesting.

Good post. I agree with it to some extent. There are some fun things about this team but it still doesn't negate the fact that half of our team has been in trouble with drugs or alcohol or both in the past year. We are winning some games and the ability to drain the long ball is exciting but we aren't even ranked. We are about the 30th best team in America. If this was our down year, I could easily deal with it but it isn't.

Last year, the off court issues and us having no big signed for next year are troubling for me and in the back of my mind. I can acknowledge the good but the bad is still there

What I think will be interesting to see this year is how we stack up. IMO this year will tell us how Crean stacks up against B1G coaches. From about 2-9 in the league this year we are fairly equal in talent I feel. If we finish toward the back end that falls on Crean. If we finish toward the front end of that, it is also on Crean. If we are in the middle he to me is truly mediocre. Many coaches could have coached that 2012 team to where we ended up. He assembled them. He deserves credit for that. Let's see where we end up.

If going into cardiac arrest is fun then yeah!

They would have lost this game last season and could have just as easily lost this one.

They showed some resolve down the stretch that was nonexistent last season and Yogi didn't force like he's prone to.

Lot's of positives and if we can tighten up the defense we'll be good.

We look a lot like Villanova but the reason  they are ranked as high as they are is defense.We can be a good defensive squad but not there yet.

I said we'd beat Neb. then lose 2 of the next 3. Lets see if Crean can build some consistency with this group. We could be 4-0 or just as easily 2-2. Even in this down league you won't get the W very often blowing 16 point leads. That's fun?

These last 2 posts (MikeRoberts and AlfordBailey) are exactly what I am talking about. While I can't totally disagree with you assessments of this team, and I totally agree with your opinions of the off the court stuff, most thought this team was garbage at the beginning of the year. 9th in the B1G by the media. This team has grown and done more than most thought they would at this point.

I guess I mostly look at it from a different of view. After moving out of state I missed years of watching IU. Now thanks to the BTN, I can watch them again. And they are fun to watch grow.

Another thing, most IU fans need to understand is that IU isn't the national player they once were. IU is that 55 year old woman at the bar at 2 am that use to be really hot years ago but she hasn't come to grips with it yet. That's just the way it is.

Once again, not arguing with your opinions, just don't miss out on what could be a special year because you are worried about what could be....

Nice post.

Spot on about the national perception although I think that could turn with a couple really good years.

Whether we can get there from here's a totally different story that I wont get started again.

Also I like 55 year old women in bars at 2 AM. Love those young chicks!

I'm going to throw it out there. I am going to get hammered for it but I'm going to say it anyway.

There are a lot of people that still aren't satisfied with Tom Crean and his team. If you don't watch it you are going to miss one of the most fun teams Indiana has had in years. In 20 years we could look back on this team as one of our favorites. They play hard. They score. What else could you ask for. And for all those Bob Knight lovers who loved coach Knight because he got more from less, all we heard all preseason was this team can't rebound. We are out rebounding guys left and right now.

This team will still lose games they should win, but will win games they shouldn't. IU went into Nebraska the number one team in the country a couple years ago and lost. IU went into Nebraska last night and won. Nebraska was preseason top 25. To me that's impressive. IU has also beaten SMU who were ranked, Pitt, and Butler who were ranked. That is impressive to me also. That is more than I would have hoped for at the beginning of the season.

Some fans are sitting around waiting and hoping for Brad Stevens, and they're going to miss one of the most special teams Indiana has put on the floor in a couple years. I actually sat behind an older IU fan at the crossroads classic that told me he wished Indiana would have lost that game. All because he hates coach Crean. I told him screw that I want them to win everything.

Are they going to win the national championship, no. They are going to be fun to watch, they are going to play hard, and they are going to score.

how does not being satisfied mean we r going to miss anything? I like watching iu no matter what love that we have shooters hate when we get burned on d. If this team has a final four run or a championship I can see in 20 years talking about them but if it ends dissapointing then I hope we have better teams to talk about in 20 years or this is going to b a sad 20 years lol

If going into cardiac arrest is fun then yeah!
They would have lost this game last season and could have just as easily lost this one.
They showed some resolve down the stretch that was nonexistent last season and Yogi didn't force like he is prone to.
Lot's of positives and if we can tighten up the defense we'll be good.
We look a lot like Villanova but the reason they are ranked as high as they are is defense.We can be a good defensive squad but not there yet.

Well heck yeah, it's called being alive!

I watch IU to be entertained, not for some macho I'm better than you crap. I am fully entertained this year.

We definitely need to go all all in on D. If Troy goes all in on D we could be looking at Vic 2.0.

What I think will be interesting to see this year is how we stack up. IMO this year will tell us how Crean stacks up against B1G coaches. From about 2-9 in the league this year we are fairly equal in talent I feel. If we finish toward the back end that falls on Crean. If we finish toward the front end of that, it is also on Crean. If we are in the middle he to me is truly mediocre. Many coaches could have coached that 2012 team to where we ended up. He assembled them. He deserves credit for that. Let's see where we end up.

I really think we have more talent than many of the teams 2-9. Nebraska last night had two guys we largely ignored on defense. It has been nice to see HP and TWs improvement this year. If those two can be consistent we have a chance for a very good year.

I thought at the beginning of the year we had the talent and enough experience to be a top 4 team in the BT. With the BT being down it seems even more likely.

Still a very good win on the road last night. Road wins are hard to come by and Crean did a good job making changes last night.

These last 2 posts (MikeRoberts and AlfordBailey) are exactly what I am talking about. While I can't totally disagree with you assessments of this team, and I totally agree with your opinions of the off the court stuff, most thought this team was garbage at the beginning of the year. 9th in the B1G by the media. This team has grown and done more than most thought they would at this point.

I guess I mostly look at it from a different of view. After moving out of state I missed years of watching IU. Now thanks to the BTN, I can watch them again. And they are fun to watch grow.

Another thing, most IU fans need to understand is that IU isn't the national player they once were. IU is that 55 year old woman at the bar at 2 am that use to be really hot years ago but she hasn't come to grips with it yet. That's just the way it is.

Once again, not arguing with your opinions, just don't miss out on what could be a special year because you are worried about what could be....

I liked your original post but disagree with your 55 year old woman example. The 55 year old woman cannot get younger. IU has everything to get us to where we need to be except for execution.

how does not being satisfied mean we r going to miss anything? I like watching iu no matter what love that we have shooters hate when we get burned on d. If this team has a final four run or a championship I can see in 20 years talking about them but if it ends dissapointing then I hope we have better teams to talk about in 20 years or this is going to b a sad 20 years lol

Because, like I said in the original post, I was sitting behind and older "fan" at the Crossroads Classic that wanted IU to lose. You could be the exception that can want more and can love watching this team, but there are more than a few that agree with than old "fan". This h@&$-o% some IU fans have for Stevens will cause them to miss what could possibly (I said possibly) be a great coaching job by Crean.

That may be the way it is, but it is not the way it should be.  There is nothing wrong with wanting IU to be the national player again.

That is the most frustrating thing to many of us "old timers" we don't like the fact that mediocrity is now acceptable.   

Somehow deleted my first post. Anyway, me and you are the perfect examples of the two types of IU fans. I expect much more you say enjoy what we have. I respect your opinion even though I disagree. As unhappy as I am I cant root against them, though.

Understand that I would love a national title, but it's not in the future. I don't care who's coaching.

But then again, I value a B1G title almost as much, and Crean got me one of those. It rewards season long excellence not a 3 week hot streak. (man am I gonna get hammered for that one )