Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Hodge

Tom crean

I AM IN FULL AGREEMENT WITH "SCHOOSIER". CTC TIME RAN OUT TWO YEARS AGO WITH CODY AND A NUMBER 1 RANKING WITH A GREAT CHANCE TO WIN IT ALL. CTC IS JUST NOT A GOOD DECISION MAKER WHEN IT COMES TO SUBSTITUTIONS. HE IS BAD FOR INDIANA UNIVERSITY AND NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.

Point is if u got a guard and a center on the bench and neither one of them are no very good u should use the center because u have 4 guards in already what crean has to understand is he has some of the best guard rotation in the country but that not going to win tight games it doesn't take a smart coach to realize that all you have to do in a close game is just go inside anytime you tell 3 players to triple team one man ur in trouble. Just saying any three good shooting guard which we have this year and April and perae in at the same time has to be a line that you must look at what do we have lose.

3 guards two biggs hanner and April what do we have to lose we played good ball but no post defense. We can not win tight games with 4 guards april can be a presents in the middle just saying it's worth a try

What's it going to hurt to have slow big guys without experience playing? Really?
And they'll improve in practice. Just like every other team does with players.

Read my post about Creans contract below and give your expert opinion again. Thanks in advance!

What's it going to hurt to have slow big guys without experience playing? Really?

And they'll improve in practice. Just like every other team does with players.

Every either team don't have 5 guards in the lineup and we don't have the type team that can wait on a 7 footer to develop in practice if u sign them play them Tom cream of all people don't have that kind of time u talk and think like Tom crean r u him cas it sounds like him Practice that's stupid game is where u learn again look at the situation.

If we don't make the tournement than Crean is gone. IU can not make the big dance two years in a row!

This is where I'm at. And honestly, if we just barely squeak in as an 8/9/10 seed and don't do anything in the tourney I'm probably still in the same bucket, unless there are some sort of extenuating circumstances that are outside of Crean's control.

Luke didn't see the floor much here either. Granted he got hurt also. I still imagine starting him an Noah out the gate last year and how that may have impacted his future decision. The high low option would have been a thing a beauty and along Yogi, Will and Troy would havebeen a great lineup. I guess Crean thought he could bring him along slowly never knowing how bad a time he was having on campus with Troy. They never should have roomed together in the first place.

He didn't see the action because he was hurt. Him transferring seems to have had nothing to do with basketball and everything to do with his teammates 

This is where I'm at. And honestly, if we just barely squeak in as an 8/9/10 seed and don't do anything in the tourney I'm probably still in the same bucket, unless there are some sort of extenuating circumstances that are outside of Crean's control.

Without a blip in the frontcout that's the ext circumstance and well in Crean's control. Hanner in year 3 in the program still hasn't figured out how to play in Crean's system. How is our only big man suppose to succeed under this direction? Could this example show how he develops a true project big that he seems to covet in every class? Not picking on you but when is enough? Is making the tournament good enough?

He didn't see the action because he was hurt. Him transferring seems to have had nothing to do with basketball and everything to do with his teammates

Was he hurt from the start of his first game or later? I thought it was later in the year after he wasn't getting much time but your clarification on when will put it in perspective. As far as teammates, are you specifically referring to his roommate or others that failed multiple drug tests and are still with the team? If its his roommate, would you agree that smoking up in his dorm room combined with other failed drug tests probably doesn't set the right tone for Indiana basketball? What kind of priority does the head coach value when he has an unhappy talented player who surprised him completely when he transferred yet keeps players who get arrested and fail drug tests? When you have a lottery pick publicly say he wasn't used like he should have and could have done more is that basketball related? I know lots of questions, but defending Crean has always been your strong point.

Was he hurt from the start of his first game or later? I thought it was later in the year after he wasn't getting much time but your clarification on when will put it in perspective. As far as teammates, are you specifically referring to his roommate or others that failed multiple drug tests and are still with the team? If its his roommate, would you agree that smoking up in his dorm room combined with other failed drug tests probably doesn't set the right tone for Indiana basketball? What kind of priority does the head coach value when he has an unhappy talented player who surprised him completely when he transferred yet keeps players who get arrested and fail drug tests? When you have a lottery pick publicly say he wasn't used like he should have and could have done more is that basketball related? I know lots of questions, but defending Crean has always been your strong point.

Fischer started the basketball season injured and slowly but surely came back. (http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9727861/luke-fischer-indiana-hoosiers-shoulder-injury)

The peak was his last game where he scored 10. Crean was invested in him and surprised by it. I have a feeling he was just as confused as we all were. We as fans are still left in the dark about why he left. People came up with the homesick theory, then the stories about Williams, etc. I haven't really agreed with the players getting arrested and failing drug tests. 
And yeah Ive heard the rumor that Vonleh was upset (can't find any article online with a direct quote from Vonleh stating that he wasn't used like he should've been).  I defend Crean? News to me. I'm not defending anyone. I just try to look at things without delving into conspiracy theories. And I just kind of realize that no matter how many times someone posts their complaints about Crean on a message board, he is still currently the coach at IU. Im just realistic and have more important things to worry about in life.

Without a blip in the frontcout that's the ext circumstance and well in Crean's control. Hanner in year 3 in the program still hasn't figured out how to play in Crean's system. How is our only big man suppose to succeed under this direction? Could this example show how he develops a true project big that he seems to covet in every class? Not picking on you but when is enough? Is making the tournament good enough?

I'm not certain you actually read my post. I wrote that I'm likely on the side that is ready to move on, even if we just squeak into the tourney. And by extenuating circumstances outside of Crean's control I meant something like a season ending injury to a key player. I'm honestly not sure how you decided to tie what I wrote to Crean's inability to develop project bigs.

Honestly I've read your post twice now and I have no idea how you took what I wrote and thought that was stating anything related to what you wrote about. I didn't write about player development. I didn't write about project bigs, and I didn't even write about big men in general. And I actually said I'm on the side of moving on. So...