Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

IU Vs Gtown (Post Game Thread)

Overall---you have to admit this was a fun and entertaining game to watch.

If DSR doesn't go unconscious---we get the win.

DSR came in averaging 27% from 3 point range and he shot something like 5 of 7 for over 70% against IU from 3.

This always seems to happen with Indiana kids we play against -----and we almost overcame it.

I still see a lot of things to like with this team---and signs of toughness and fight growing in them.

With just a little more improvement in our D and rebounding---we will be in virtually every Big Ten game.

We have to learn how to win the close ones---because there will be a lot of them.

This one is history.

And as they say---on to the next!

Has to be worst defensive team I've watched at iu

To gave up 91 points albeit in OT which is 16 points more than the Hoyas average. 

We have 5 guys out there that can shoot the ball as the announcers say but defesively if Perea is having a good game or maybe Williams that's about it. 

Bottom line, without teachiing, practicing and then demanding better defense the die is cast I'm sorry to say.

We have some athletes, but too many players I don't trust on the defensive end.  Generally I like the idea of a press, but I'd prefer we work on having a strong half court defense first before we try extending them.  Bad thing about halfcourt D thought, you can scheme around one weak defender to hide them to an extent but not multiple.

I like the idea too. And agree about the defensive comments. It sucks, we have the most athletic IU squad in a long while, but it feels like our worst defensive squad at the same time. I know there isn't a direct correlation between the two, but there are definite relations between the two ideas

Im not gonna start a Fire TC rant. But, you would think a guy that has been here 7 years would see what a casual fan sees. Its unanimous. I just dont think he "gets" Indiana basketball. Not that he hasn't been a successful coach, im just not sure this gig is really for him. My 2 cents.

We are who we thought we were inside----lots more work to do.

I found myself thinking why not put April in to get a big body on their big guy---but maybe he's not quite ready.

If Crean leaves April on the bench, he'll never get "ready". At least it was 5 more fouls to use on the big guy. 

5 turnovers and 1 assist from your point isn't real conductive to winning games. Driving into the teeth of the defense with no intention off kicking it out and coughing up the ball from a Junior point.Coach should have called time and read the riot act  6 points into that 15 point run.

If someone has posted this already, I appologize. Against a 2/3 zone. How hard would it be to let Troy flash to the middle? From there, he shots a fifteen footer, he drives, or the D collapses and he dishes, and with the shooters that we have, its a made 3. Its just that simple! But apparently, our esteemed leader can't seem to figure that out. It is so friggin frustrating to sit here and watch the same stupid offensive sets be ran time after time. Its basic basketball.  

Did anyone else notice at the end of regulation when we rebound the last shot there was a little over 2 seconds left. Why not call time out and get 1 shot at winning in regulation?

Because even he knows we can't inbound the ball. I thought the same thing to call a timeout but I realized probably better we didn't.

Did anyone else notice at the end of regulation when we rebound the last shot there was a little over 2 seconds left. Why not call time out and get 1 shot at winning in regulation?

Of course, you assume that the Hoosiers could have inbounded the ball. Or it’s a turnover and GT gets a last minute shot in regulation.

Regardless, the coaching is FUBAR is a major way.

If someone has posted this already, I appologize. Against a 2/3 zone. How hard would it be to let Troy flash to the middle? From there, he shots a fifteen footer, he drives, or the D collapses and he dishes, and with the shooters that we have, its a made 3. Its just that simple! But apparently, our esteemed leader can't seem to figure that out. It is so friggin frustrating to sit here and watch the same stupid offensive sets be ran time after time. Its basic basketball.  

Don't be questioning the Coach. Shame on you. :)

He won't? What does he do during practice then?

I can't say, as I’ve not been to a practice. What’s the point of having a big guy if all he does is ride the pine?

Crean has a legacy of 7-footer stiffs. Tijan Jobe, Peter Jurkin, Guy-Marc Michel, and Jeremiah April. 

He had Cody and refused to use him as a post player, as well. SMH