Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Trish

IU Vs Gtown (Post Game Thread)

Coach doesn’t play defense. Apparently, neither do the Hoosiers. There were moments of "no clue" basketball today.

Not sure what Perea was doing today. Surprised that the Hoosiers won the battle of the boards. I expected the loss, so no real disappointment. But this one was in their grasp for much of the game.

Oh, well. Gotta get ready for Nebraska, and the B1G season.

doesnt look like he coaches it either. Sorry couldn't resist lol

didnt play well and still forced overtime and all it took from a likely ncaa tournament team.  this game prepares us very well for big ten play.  do hope before they depart for nebraska they focus on all of the swatted drives in the film study.  if you make a strong drive to the basket determined to score, you have to finish at the rim.  jbj, rojo and williams have no problem getting past their man, but damn near always settle for a fading away layup when they approach the bucket.  in most instances it results in a turnover or a stop.  i've noticed it all season.  oladipo did it a ton during his first two seasons, maybe watford too.  drove us all nuts.

jbj will be so much fun to watch when he puts more effort into being a complete player.  a good player now thats just scratching the surface.  future all-star when it comes together for him.  his defense is just well below where it can be and needs to be.  he's been a liability on the defensive end in the formidable games thus far, no doubt about it.  his finishing in the paint leaves a lot to be desired as well.  adding muscle in spring and summer 2015 will help.  also needs to watch film of junior oladipo to recognize what kind of energy and alertness it takes to dominate like he can and fulfill his star potential.  he's gonna be a helluva player.

Not switching on screens resulting in back door lay ups, not valuing the basketball, getting 0 in the post or off the bench, yogi and troy trying to do to much (can't fault the effort). I see the coaching angle but it's just convenient to pile everything on the coach, when there's plenty of blame to share. I will still take this over where we were 5 years ago.

Coach really hurt us in the 2nd half imo. We did nothing to beat a zone till the end with Troy at the point. You have to attack the heart of the zone, not just dribble around the arc.

Some of the guys played very well, but this is a game we should have won. Credit to Georgetown, they adjusted and we couldn't counter it.

Same ole song and dance. A decent coach makes an adjustment( goes zone), works the refs a little and we rely on Yogi 1 on 5 the rest of the way. The official diagnosis is Crean Collapse Disorder. Only known cure is a Creanectomy.

We've talked about a press quite a bit on this board, and I do like the idea.  I'll say it again though, we haven't really seen us press with Crean so I wouldn't expect it to suddenly start.

Do you think we have the personnel to run the press? I've said countless times I don't see it. JBJ in particular would be a liability in it