Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
FKfootball

Brian Knorr.

Mallory couldn't even teach his defense to tackle. Knorr has done a fairly decent job of developing our front seven and teaching these guys to fill gaps.

And he's done it in one year. The D has a chance to be quite a bit better next year with so many coming back with a year of experience in the system.

Sent from my KFOT using BtownBanners mobile app

I don't know what it was about Doug's approach that made his defenses what they were, but IU was his 3rd (I think) DC job and I would assume it will be his last. He might be a good position coach but there is no reason to believe that he should ever be a DC again. Coach Knorr might not have been available, but I'm certain other DC's were and have to wonder if last year would have been a bowl game if we had any competent D.

The defense has shown some improvement this year. How much of that improvement can be attributed to our opponents offense falling off as compared to last year and many of the teams have fallen off a lot offensively? Missouri has fallen off a great deal, as has PSU and Michigan. How many times this year, has the IU defense held their opponent under their average yards per game for offense or average amount of points scored per game? Many of the offenses we have played are ranked in the lower half of college football. Big Ten is down this year with the exception of a few schools.