Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

Sign in to follow this  
ccgeneral

(2014) PG Tyra Buss to IUWBB

I admit I have only seen 1 or 2 games of girls ball, but I have never seen a girl play how she does. She gets the game, has the tools, and is legit. I would watch her play because she is good.

Sent from my Venue 8 3830 using BtownBanners mobile app

66 points tonight. Princeton wins. Princeton was down three when a Mt. Carmel player was called for fouling the 3 point shooter and then a Mt. Carmel player was called for a technical. Princeton player dropped in 5 straight free throws to go ahead 2 with 3.8 to go. I think that was the end of it, as my stream died for the last 3.8. 

The Countdown!

Tyra Buss News ‏@TyraBussNews 12h
"@njenkinson1: Tyra Buss Has 3,658 Career points and is 373 points away from tying all-time Illinois Scoring Record of 4,031 points"

Tyra Buss News ‏@TyraBussNews 3m
Tyra with a CAREER night. 66 POINTS and an Illinois all-time career points record! Game ends crazy with a controversial Princeton win 84-82. (4095)

Tyra breaks the all-time Illinois scoring record tonight! Well done young lady! The old record was 4031. TBuss has 38 (4067) @ the half. CCM in the house.  :clapping:

Stream

So glad to see Coach Miller attending Tyra's game. It's great he was able to witness this milestone achievement of his future back court star. Proud of you, girl.

Someone posted this in another thread and I wanted to log it in here to.

‏@TyraBussNews: Tyra is NOW number TWO in United States History for career scoring in girls high school basketball! Congrats to one of the best ever!

Here's a pretty decent record Link . Everyone else is below 4000. 

Record Holder State Data
5424 Adrian McGowen (Goodrich) TX 2003-06
4543 Tyra Buss (Mt. Carmel) IL 2010-13
4506 Missy Thomas (Gibsland Gibsland-Coleman) LA 1992-95
4422 Judy Clark (Singer) LA 1993-96
4385 Geri Grigsby (McDowell) KY 1975-77
4327 Patricia Walker-Manuel (Athens) LA 1989-92
4319 Katie Antony (Anacoco) LA 2000-03
4075 Kim Mulkey (Hammond) LA 1977-80
4044 Kendra Neal (Pelican) LA 1989-92
4031 Brittany Johnson (Olney East Richland) IL 2004-07

The only thing that concerns me a little bit is all the self promotion/ hype that comes from her camp. The internal hype is much larger than the external hype (See McDonald's All-American ballot fiasco). What do you guys take from that? Seems like they've nailed the social media and marketing aspects of a college player, but is some of that just for show? Do they feel they need to do all of that because of the seriously less talented players and teams she faces? Tyra is an INCREDIBLE talent, I'm not taking anything away from her, but her being number 2 all time in the Nation in high school scoring is more of a product of her situation at that school, against that horrible competition. Imagine Greg Oden's numbers in high school is he doesn't transfer to LN, imagine if Eric Gordon went to Arcadia HS instead of North central. Food for thought...

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="33284" timestamp="1391091300"]The only thing that concerns me a little bit is all the self promotion/ hype that comes from her camp. The internal hype is much larger than the external hype (See McDonald's All-American ballot fiasco).

What do you guys take from that? Seems like they've nailed the social media and marketing aspects of a college player, but is some of that just for show?

Do they feel they need to do all of that because of the seriously less talented players and teams she faces? Tyra is an INCREDIBLE talent, I'm not taking anything away from her, but her being number 2 all time in the Nation in high school scoring is more of a product of her situation at that school, against that horrible competition.

Imagine Greg Oden's numbers in high school is he doesn't transfer to LN, imagine if Eric Gordon went to Arcadia HS instead of North central. Good for thought...[/quote]

That comment about Greg Oden made me laugh. I'm from the Terre Haute area, so I know for a fact that if he didn't transfer he would've destroyed everyone in the area. It really would have been similar to Tyra numbers, just multiply the rebounds and blocks by 48.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

[quote name="Hovadipo" post="33292" timestamp="1391092430"]That comment about Greg Oden made me laugh. I'm from the Terre Haute area, so I know for a fact that if he didn't transfer he would've destroyed everyone in the area. It really would have been similar to Tyra numbers, just multiply the rebounds and blocks by 48.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners[/quote]

LOL, I honestly think he would have gone something like:
40+ppg
25+ Reb
15+ blocks
All while shooting 80% from the field.

[quote name="IU Hoosier41" post="33294" timestamp="1391093019"]LOL, I honestly think he would have gone something like:
40+ppg
25+ Reb
15+ blocks
All while shooting 80% from the field.[/quote]

Easily. A good big man around here goes 6'6 and that's just if the school is lucky enough to have a kid that tall period. When he was here TH South was in the MIC conference, so they played some decent competition in Indy, but that was more of a football power conference (Carmel, Warren Central, Ben Davis).

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

The only thing that concerns me a little bit is all the self promotion/ hype that comes from her camp. The internal hype is much larger than the external hype (See McDonald's All-American ballot fiasco). What do you guys take from that? Seems like they've nailed the social media and marketing aspects of a college player, but is some of that just for show? Do they feel they need to do all of that because of the seriously less talented players and teams she faces? Tyra is an INCREDIBLE talent, I'm not taking anything away from her, but her being number 2 all time in the Nation in high school scoring is more of a product of her situation at that school, against that horrible competition. Imagine Greg Oden's numbers in high school is he doesn't transfer to LN, imagine if Eric Gordon went to Arcadia HS instead of North central. Food for thought...

I'm not sure how much they are actually involved with it though.  I believe it's a friend of the family doing that, they used to post on HSN1 actually.

[quote name="JSHoosier" post="33314" timestamp="1391099227"]I'm not sure how much they are actually involved with it though. I believe it's a friend of the family doing that, they used to post on HSN1 actually.[/quote]

Right, even if it's a friend, they are active with it (RTs & Shares). Just found it interesting since none of the men recruits I follow have that type of thing going. When you'd think they'd be all over it.