Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) C Thomas Bryant to IU

Just curious as to why you think Holt can't play anywhere else- were you familiar w him in high school?

He never drove to the hoop from the wing, shot the ball, or made effective passes from the perimeter. All he really did was play decent defense on big men and got rebounds. He had a couple games in which he racked points from layups and put backs. Those were the only skills he displayed.
Don't get me wrong-- I loved his hustle and intensity, and I think he stepped up for us. He has potential too. But with thomas Bryant taking his spot he is placed in a position that doesn't max out his worth: which is the 4/wing

He never drove to the hoop from the wing, shot the ball, or made effective passes from the perimeter. All he really did was play decent defense on big men and got rebounds. He had a couple games in which he racked points from layups and put backs. Those were the only skills he displayed.
Don't get me wrong-- I loved his hustle and intensity, and I think he stepped up for us. He has potential too. But with thomas Bryant taking his spot he is placed in a position that doesn't max out his worth: which is the 4/wing

Holt will be working on his shot no doubt this summer, and seems like a dedicated enough worker to get better every day until next season offensively.

Providing some good spark defensively is key for IU though. So I'm really excited about what we can expect from him on the other end of the floor.

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByBtownBanners1428615258.556944.jpg

Let the height discussions begin.

l like the muscular definition that's already evident in O.G.'s shoulders and biceps.  Wish we still had Je'nay Jackson on board to work with all 3 but especially with Juwan and Thomas who will need to 'muscle up' for the rigors of B1G basketball.

Unless OG has undergone a major growth spurt, awesome if true, I think that picture might be a little misleading. When I saw them at the end of January Juwan was clearly taller. Juwan is also much thicker. The part of OG you can't see in the picture looks a lot like Troy when he first got here. Juwan is thick all over.

I don't think we will ever see two bigs on the court for more than a few minutes at a time. Need to spread the floor with our shooting/driving ability and can't have two guys dragging their defender into the lane.

Wat and Zeller - Crean's best years here. Let's hope he plays 2 at time!

Size! Length! Athleticism! Skill!

5 star, 4 star, 3 star. Good recruiting class. I bet OG wishes Troy was going pro because that really affects his PT.

Looking at the Louisville recruiting class at the Derby too.

Spalding is long. I always liked Donovan Mitchell. Both 5th years are really good. UL hit some home runs for that recruiting class.