Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

ccgeneral

(2015) C Thomas Bryant to IU

. You know my stance on the coaching situation and you and I usually disagree on everything, but you hit the nail on the head with this one. This is the absolute worst EVER timing for a visit. The Hall will not be its usual, rocking self tomorrow. What a damn shame. SHOW UP FOLKS!!! Support the players in their last home game. It is completely possible to cheer like hell for our boys while standing firm in our desire to replace the coach. Win this game and we still have a shot at Cinderella. I for one am damn tired of filling out tourney brackets without Indiana in it. We can help avoid that this year by showing up and creating the best home court advantage in the nation. Forget about coach Crean for 2 20 min halves and focus on these youngsters accomplishing something. They deserve that much. They came to play for US!!! Support INDIANA!!!

I could believe in an IU cinderella story if I saw some some of positive change or an effort to try something new this season. But we've lost 7 of 11 and the coaching staff hadn't tried anything new. Yogi and Stan ate still guarding big men, they are still switching between man to man and zone on the same play (in which at least 1 iu player doesn't know which defense they are in), still running thr weave at the top of the key ( I think it's been handed down from Davis to Sampson to Crean), still giving playing time to Stan Robinson and Max Hoetzel, no press till the last two minutes, etc. In any part of life, sports, work, etc you can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect a different result. That's why I've lost hope in Crean. We had all these same problems last year and they weren't dealt with

I could believe in an IU cinderella story if I saw some some of positive change or an effort to try something new this season. But we've lost 7 of 11 and the coaching staff hadn't tried anything new. Yogi and Stan ate still guarding big men, they are still switching between man to man and zone on the same play (in which at least 1 iu player doesn't know which defense they are in), still running thr weave at the top of the key ( I think it's been handed down from Davis to Sampson to Crean), still giving playing time to Stan Robinson and Max Hoetzel, no press till the last two minutes, etc. In any part of life, sports, work, etc you can't keep doing the same things over and over and expect a different result. That's why I've lost hope in Crean. We had all these same problems last year and they weren't dealt with

. Hey man, I'm with ya. I have absolutely zero faith in CTC. I do have faith in the players though. I think they've proven on numerous occasions that they are able to overcome the hole the coach has put them in. Bottom Line: if we shoot like we can, we have a chance. Booing our players at home is accomplishing the same thing that our coach's bad strategy does. It creates another obstacle. No?

. Hey man, I'm with ya. I have absolutely zero faith in CTC. I do have faith in the players though. I think they've proven on numerous occasions that they are able to overcome the hole the coach has put them in. Bottom Line: if we shoot like we can, we have a chance. Booing our players at home is accomplishing the same thing that our coach's bad strategy does. It creates another obstacle. No?

I didn't mention booing at all. I think the players are just as accountable as the coach honestly. The players look bored out there. Apart from Yogi, most seem to have to give up. Its more on Crean but a big part of it is on the players. If we can shoot we have a chance, but honestly that hasn't happened a lot this year. We can shoot, we our defense has gotten even worse as the year went on. I would never root against our team but if them losing means Crean leaving, its a hard battle haha

The problem I have with this situation is that it perpetuates the illusion/lie that all we need are big men in order for IU to be dominate again. While "yes", getting bigger in the post would be helpful, it assumes that Crean can coach big men or that his basketball philosophy, (I've yet to figure out what the hell that is), is conducive to developing big men or meshing their talents to his game plan. Neither Zeller, nor Vonleh stayed around long enough for us to see what four years of getting coached by Crean would do for their overall game. I thought Zeller was good, not great, and one can debate how much of his development was directly attributable to Crean or his own practice time and weight room work. Vonleh on the other hand, was athletic enough, but raw, and was gone after a year. I just think we're fooling ourselves if we think more talent, or bigger men will compensate for poor coaching and development.

You don't think a Freshman Cody Zeller or a freshman Noah Vonleh, or hell, even a sophomore Luke Fisher wouldn't make this current team Bad ass?

You don't think a Freshman Cody Zeller or a freshman Noah Vonleh, or hell, even a sophomore Luke Fisher wouldn't make this current team Bad ass?

Nope. Not because I don't think those players are very nice players, but because I've not seen enough of Tom's fingerprints on their development to think it would have make that much of a difference. At some point, Tom's ability to coach and develop talent has to be considered apart from that which one might reasonably expect from private practice and physical development. Best example that comes to mind was years ago, under Lou Henson at Illinois. He'd annually get some of the best talent out of the Chicago school system, and they'd often times, stay there four years, (this was before the advent of the "one and done" player).

Four years later, those kids, many of which were burger boys, would be bigger, more physically imposing, and to a degree, fundamentally sound. Still, their overall game never achieved the level of success that everyone projected for them. Henson was legendary for taking four and five star players, and doing very little to develop them talents. I'm afraid Crean is cut out of the same mold, in this regard.