Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

coachmayhew

This topic came up at work today

It's gotta be Hollowell for me. The (Bowel) Movement was the first time I really got into recruiting so I watched his highlights all the time and thought we had the 2nd coming of Melo.

Fischer was disappointing as well. He was going to be a beast, but it just didn't work out.

LOL.  I'm ashamed to say this is the first time I've heard\read it referred to as the "Bowel" Movement.  It gave me a chuckle.  

Back on topic, I'd say Bracey Wright and Vonleh were disappointing to me.  

The book is still being written on The Movement---before it's said and done Yogi and Hanner may be solid--2 out of 5---not much different from a lot of classes over the years.

I have to go with Luke Recker---man I expected so much more--- and for him to stay at IU of course!

With Damon Bailey---there was a lot of hype he would lead us to a championship-- but he was injured a lot at IU and still ended up near the top of many top ten lists at IU---so I can't blame him.

Hope this changes this season, but Troy was a big disappointment IMHO last season. Had a few big dunks, but I feel he was WAY overhyped. His shooting was subpar. I begged him not to shoot every time he touched it. My 4 year old asked if I was going to yell at Troy the other night when I told her the Hoosiers were playing lol. Hope he turns it around and lights it up this season.

Hope this changes this season, but Troy was a big disappointment IMHO last season. Had a few big dunks, but I feel he was WAY overhyped. His shooting was subpar. I begged him not to shoot every time he touched it. My 4 year old asked if I was going to yell at Troy the other night when I told her the Hoosiers were playing lol. Hope he turns it around and lights it up this season.

In fairness, he was just a freshman. Very few freshmen anywhere come in and blow people away.

On court, Brian Evans, that guy just couldn't stay healthy, hell of a big shooter..

Off court Armon Bassett, ring leader of the Sampson chaingang

Wait.. Brian Evans?  The guy redshirted his freshmen year and then missed a total of 3 games the next 4 years.  He was Big Ten Player of the year in 1996 and a third team all american.  He's our 10th all time leading scorer, and his teams never finished worse than 3rd in the Big Ten.  He's the guy that didn't live up to your expectations?  Color me confused.