Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

sshoosier12

Can Crean stay in Bloomington?

What does coach crean have to do this season wether it's recruiting, keeping players out of trouble, and in games, to get a contract extension and stay in the bloom for more years to come. What does our record have to be for him to keep his job as head coach and not be demoted to water boy?

I'll bite.

1. No more off court issues.  Not sure he can survive another one w/ out winning a TON this season.
  2. NCAA Tournament is a MUST.
  3. If we are highly seeded, then a Sweet 16 performance. 
  4. If we are not highly seeded, atleast getting to the second round and playing that game close.
  5. I think the future of Yogi, Troy and JBJ will also influence what happens to Crean if the season was so so.  If 2/3 of them leave, then I'd say it's time to scrap the coach and move forward.

He really can't afford any early season losses.  HAS to beat the teams we are supposed to beat.

What does coach crean have to do this season wether it's recruiting, keeping players out of trouble, and in games, to get a contract extension and stay in the bloom for more years to come. What does our record have to be for him to keep his job as head coach and not be demoted to water boy?

First of all, Crean is under contract until 2020, so a contract extension had better not be even on the table at this point.

Now, what does he need to do to stay at IU? For starters, he has to win, win the right way and keep these kids out of trouble. That’s the obvious, easy answer. What kind of W/L record does he need to keep the job? Not sure. And, in all honesty, winning and losing is not part of the contract. It’s understood that the reason he’s here is to win, but there’s nothing in the contract AFAIK that says he has to win 20 games or 15 games or 1 game. Again, as I recall, there are incentives for winning X number of games, and for reaching milestones like winning the B1G tourney, getting to specific rounds of the NCAA tourney, etc. But there’s nothing in the contract that says he can be terminated for not winning, for example, 10 games.

In order to quell the current firestorm, I’d guess he better have a winning record this year. Certainly, a winning record in conference will help. But Crean just needs to keep his (and his team's collective) nose clean. Stay out of trouble, keep the GPA up, and show progress on the court.

Glass has already gone on the record supporting Crean. With that done, Crean and the players would have to screw it up pretty bad again to see him ushered out of Assembly Hall.

Right or wrong, winning cures a lot of what ails you, especially if it’s done the right way.

At this point, I'd say he needs to do better than the Sweet 16 regardless of seeding. But I don't even think we will make the dance this year. BIG teams are going to destroy us on the boards and I don't see how our turnover problem is going to get any better. Those two issues create a pretty darn big hole for us and I don't think our improved shooting will be enough.

My thoughts are there is nothing he can do except maybe win the B1G and go dancing. That may not be enough, but a final four probably would. I just don't see that happening with our post issues plus he couldn't do it with a much more talented team in 2012.

Aight. At least it isn't another thread that isn't about this specific topic being derailed by people that only want to talk about one thing and one thing only. 

I agree that we cant have any more off court issues.

I also think that we need to finish above 7th in the Big

.I know we are picked 8th and lower but for fans and boosters to be happy Crean probably needs to over achieve if 6th in a weakened league can really be called that..Anything less and i think he's in deep trouble.Before Devin's injuryI think that would've been easily obtainable but that really threw a wrench in things.Holt ,April or both need to be somewhat serviceable.

My thoughts are there is nothing he can do except maybe win the B1G and go dancing. That may not be enough, but a final four probably would. I just don't see that happening with our post issues plus he couldn't do it with a much more talented team in 2012.

in my opinion that is way more than he needs to do and also almost impossible lol. I think he needs top six in big ten a strong tourney run. I seen somebody touch on this earlier but what next years team looks like after season if he accomplishes these goals. Oh yea and no more discipline issues. I hope he is ready for the fight of his life because that is what I feel he is up against

I think he stays no matter what unless there is another off the court issue. Wilson has been kept even though football hasn't seemed to get better. I think Glass is a guy who will keep people around. Heck I think every AD is. Remember how long Davis was here? I don't see Crean leaving within the next year or two unless there are more incidents