Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

16 minutes ago, Brass Cannon said:

I feel bad for Bates clearly he’s made his own decisions but I also think he’s got the wrong people giving him advice.  I am all for kids learning their own lessons but I feel better about it when they are clearly disregarding good advice.  Instead of probably being advised poorly by self interested people who don’t care about them 

Sure seems like Emoni returning to play in his home town was a terrible idea.

Ah. The NCAA’s signature public “shame on you, now move along” punitive action.

That being said, I haven’t looked into any details of their probation. No postseason ban was all I needed to see of the NCAA continuing to be the NCAA.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/college/xavier/xaviersports/2022/09/27/xaviers-zach-freemantle-suspended-indefinitely/69522940007/

For Sean Miller to indefinitely suspend a kid who was certainly gonna start for him, he may have actually shot a guy. We’ll see if he finds his way back before the IU game.

19 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Looking at 2023 recruiting.  Ohio State is stacking 2 nice classes back to back. 22 and 23 are both strong. I’m a little surprised Holtmann has the recruiting chops he does. 

Seems like a nice guy, like you’d be happy to have your son play for him, and they’ve been good enough that OSU’s football fans aren’t crowing about him.

But I agree, he’s at a weird time in his tenure there to suddenly stack top classes. Three ways to do that: 1. be very good — on court, or specifically at the task of recruiting. 2. Be new. 3. Pay up.

Seems likely this is a situation where #3 explains most of things.

On 10/8/2022 at 8:59 AM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Jon Rothstein:  North Carolina freshman Jalen Washington (ACL) has still not been cleared for "5-on-5", per a school spokesman. Former Top-50 recruit.

Really wonder if his body is going to withstand the rigors of college bball.

I have my doubts which is why I wasn't too disappointed when he decided to go elsewhere. He also didn't end up playing all that much during his HS career so I wonder how quickly he'll adjust to college basketball even if he were healthy.

From what I recall, he's a bright kid and UNC is a good school so he should do well even if basketball doesn't work out.