Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

This is great.  I'd much rather be ahead of big changes than be left behind.  The Big 12 and Pac 12 are jokes while the Big 10 and the SEC are the behemoths.  Good stuff.

Also this means IU will be on the televisions in the Los Angeles area which will help recruiting.

This is fantastic news for Indiana University 

6 hours ago, lillurk said:

The Michigan noise was all from the player’s side. I know less about the UL situation, but can imagine it would’ve made some sense to take the risk there, in a transition year, more so than UM.

Honestly not sure what makes sense. His entire history is pretty mind bending. 

Not trying to bag on him, and wish him well, it's just his path has been all over the place. 

Given he's from MI (I think?), any of the MI teams would make sense I guess. MAC though... huh.

6 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

Walton not going to like being in a truck stop conference if true.   Lol.   I hope it’s true just to listen to a game he is doing talking about it 

Maybe he'll protest the move by refusing to do any of the games for the BIG. We can only hope. 

16 hours ago, hoosierbgh said:

Maybe he'll protest the move by refusing to do any of the games for the BIG. We can only hope. 

It will be like Vitale praising Duke the whole game only it will be Walton rambling on how good the Pac-10 used to be and the dominance of UCLA.

2 hours ago, Deserthoozier said:

Surprise, MSU player continues  legacy of abuse against women. Definitely something missing in the teaching of life lessons, and creating honorable men from Izzo. Makes me sick when he is so grossly lionized by the pundits!

Very sad to see. And yes, Izzo is a good coach but a lousy little man who cares only about winning. The way he is put on a pedestal while they sweep his several turn-the-other-cheek moments under the rug is pathetic. Hope Bridges' wife recovers well and he gets held fully accountable.

On 6/30/2022 at 1:37 PM, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

So when we make our west coast road trips this is where our teams will stay?

OK they look like a bunch of old white men, but man, that is one of the greatest rock tunes of all time, they still play it so well here, and the ending combo guitar solo is just a thing of beauty.

Saw the Hotel California tour live when I was a kid. Stands the test of time. Fantastic song

I would be first in line to fire CMW if he tolerated the stuff that has gone on under Izzo's watch at MSU. Integrity matters and he doesn't have any. No one should ever put winning above integrity and treating human beings with respect and dignity.

Uhhhhh….
We kind of did that for decades (different variety but there was a lot of disrespect there)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

40 minutes ago, HoosierAloha said:

Uhhhhh….
We kind of did that for decades (different variety but there was a lot of disrespect there)

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think we learned that lesson and turned the corner (at least I hope so), MSU not so much.