Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 hours ago, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Andy Katz releasing the statement by U of I

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

What a joke when you consider what LSU (bags of cash), Kansas (bags of cash), Duke (million dollar home for Zion and family) etc., etc., have done.  I can’t stand Illinois but the inconsistent enforcement of the rules is an absolute embarrassment to the NCAA.

11 hours ago, DChoosier said:

What a joke when you consider what LSU (bags of cash), Kansas (bags of cash), Duke (million dollar home for Zion and family) etc., etc., have done.  I can’t stand Illinois but the inconsistent enforcement of the rules is an absolute embarrassment to the NCAA.

The days of the NCAA as the enforcer are over. At this point its a paper tiger, a neutered one at that. It's main purpose for existing - maintaining the façade of amateur collegiate sports - is out the window. Incompetence and hubris has been its downfall.

12 hours ago, DChoosier said:

Not Consistent Anytime @$$'n

On 11/1/2021 at 8:02 PM, woodenshoemanHoosierfan said:

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

I made a similar tweet today off of the news of the Kansas player getting 1 exhibition game and 3 regular season games, and now all of these Gonzaga fan boys are in my replies arguing that there is no such thing as an exhibition and that Few got 3 games.

Imagine having that take on the same day we find out an NFL player killed someone driving under the influence!?!?

Click through and checkout the comments, it's crazy. 

8 minutes ago, LIHoosier said:

When Kansas shows more self-awareness than you, you've got a problem.

Check this one out...She's looking for sympathy because Few might miss on a recruit because he had to miss their version of Hoosier Hysteria. 

Edit: I stole your self-awareness line later in the tweet, LIH

13 minutes ago, BGleas said:

Check this one out...She's looking for sympathy because Few might miss on a recruit because he had to miss their version of Hoosier Hysteria. 

Thanks for pointing that one out. Would have hated to miss the fun,

5 minutes ago, Demo said:

Thanks for pointing that one out. Would have hated to miss the fun,

All 5 Gonzaga fans are all up in my replies. 

It's actually pretty sad, given the Henry Ruggs situation today. Imagine on a day where that news happens that you take to Twitter to vigorously defend a college coaches lame DUI suspension because he coaches your favorite team. 

Borzello -

The NCAA has rejected Oklahoma State's appeal and the Cowboys are banned from the 2022 postseason, source confirmed to ESPN. First reported by @MattNorlander. OK State was given postseason ban in 2020, but appealed. Stems from Level I violation involving ex-assistant Lamont Evans

Minnesota opens their exhibition season with a 13 point win over D2 Concordia-St. Paul.

For some perspective, Concordia was a 1-13 D2 team last year, losing to games to Augustana by an average of 48 points.

That first year Crean IU team would have beaten the piss out of this year's Minnesota squad.