Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

These are the numbers I have compiled (they aren’t exact) after polling coaches:

Transfer waivers thus far:

Approved: 90
Pending: 131
Denied: 3

Some of those pending were either filed recently.

Goodman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

These are the numbers I have compiled (they aren’t exact) after polling coaches:

Transfer waivers thus far:

Approved: 90
Pending: 131
Denied: 3

Some of those pending were either filed recently.

Goodman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

Of those who have been approved thus far for transfer waivers, about 70 percent will be classified as “run-offs” - which doesn’t necessarily mean they were run-off, but means that the previous school signed off that the player was run off.

Goodman

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

10 hours ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Time for IU to bring Billy Donovan back on campus and track his upcoming flights................

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

If I had a button I could push that would make Donovan our next coach, I'd push it until it broke. 

Have seen Donovan asked a couple of times about college recruiting and the guy gets this expression like he ate some bad fish. Will be pretty surprised if he doesn’t stay in the Pros.

He is staying in the pro’s imo. He won’t be going back to college. Although, I think he struggled his first 1-2 years in the NBA but I believe he figured it out

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

3 hours ago, mdn82 said:

Have those guys said how they are still scouting in this environment?  

I’ve seen some say they are watching a lot of film from this past high school season and the hen they watched online games during the summer 

It ain't Hawaii, but at least it's not South Dakota where the rumors are floating the Battle for Atlantis will be held.

Jon Rothstein  -  Sources: The 2020 Maui Invitational is expected to take place in either Asheville or Indianapolis. Decision could come as early as this week. Field includes North Carolina, Texas, Indiana, Alabama, Stanford, Providence, UNLV, and Davidson.

NCAA has extended the recruiting dead period through January 1.  So the $64.00 question becomes will kids go ahead and commit this fall without takiing official visits or roll the dice and wait until next spring hoping official visits will be allowed starting in 2021.  

32 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

NCAA has extended the recruiting dead period through January 1.  So the $64.00 question becomes will kids go ahead and commit this fall without takiing official visits or roll the dice and wait until next spring hoping official visits will be allowed starting in 2021.  

Wow glad we are in a good spot with some elite talent prior.  I wonder what this will do to the 2022 class if anything?  Probably going to be a lot of late commits.

1 hour ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Louisville is going to have send prostitutes to their recruits instead of having them come to campus to meet them.

Y'all know someone at L'ville is working on a W.h.o.r.e  Dash app.

(periods put in so it didn't get blocked.  We're all adults here....or at least we pretend to be).

3 hours ago, Uspshoosier said:

College basketball is starting on November 25th this year.   

Maximum number of games dropped to 25.  Minimum to qualify for the NCAA tournament is 13.

Suggested by the committee was a minimum of 4 non-conference games.

Personally, I hope the Big Ten drops the number of conference games to 18 instead of the 20 they've been doing if the non-conference schedule is going to be decreased.  Get rid of the stupid conference games in early December.