Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

This paragraph was on ESPN. The part I bolded is what's wrong with basketball today:

Dosunmu, who earned second-team All-Big Ten honors last season, had been expected by many to keep his name in the draft after he entered in the spring. However, there was a good chance he would have gone undrafted, and he was ranked No. 80 in ESPN's NBA draft rankings.

3 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Big Ten will clearly be the best conference. But I do hope teams like Indiana, Iowa, Michigan State, Wisconsin and Illinois. An separate themselves from the rest of the conference and stay in the top 5, 10, 15 nationally. 

We project behind:

Iowa

Wisconsin

Michigan St

Illinois 

Rutgers

Michigan

and about the same as Ohio State. 

hopefully we aren’t 7th or 8th with this roster but it’s certainly possible. Winning helps projections and we need to start winning. 

Edited by WayneFleekHoosier

28 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

We project behind:

Iowa

Wisconsin

Michigan St

Illinois 

Rutgers

Michigan

hopefully we aren’t 7th or 8th with this roster but it’s certainly possible. Winning helps projections and we need to start winning. 

Seventh in the B1G could be a top 20 team

We project behind:
Iowa
Wisconsin
Michigan St
Illinois 
Rutgers
Michigan

While I find it hard to project the Hoosiers to finish top four in the Big Ten this year, I’m just pumped at the thought of them being able to field a similarly talented team as those at the top with the expectation that they should compete. This should be one of the more fun B1G seasons we’ve seen in the last 20 years or so.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

7 minutes ago, mdn82 said:

I think MSU will be fine. Rocket Watts should fill in just fine. Langford should be returning. Bingham was a good athletic big last season. Henry returns and they'll have Joey Hauser. 

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I think MSU will be fine. Rocket Watts should fill in just fine. Langford should be returning. Bingham was a good athletic big last season. Henry returns and they'll have Joey Hauser. 

Rocket Watts, Henry, and Hauser are the best ‘top three players on one team’ in the conference IMO.

1 hour ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I wouldn’t put a ton on Langford.  He hasn’t played in basically two years come December.  Tillman is gone, but MSU should have a top 5 in conference team.  Depends how quickly they gel.  In the current environment that isn’t a forgone conclusion.  I would look at teams like Iowa or Illinois to be in a tier of their own.  As much as I know Fran will disappoint me that’s where I sit today.  

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Rocket Watts, Henry, and Hauser are the best ‘top three players on one team’ in the conference IMO.

As an Indiana kid I hope Henry takes that next step.  I think the key for MSU is how much of a load Hauser can carry.  Watts and Henry will make them a really good team.  Hauser will determine how far they can go if he can carry a healthy portion of the load.  

I guess I’m more bearish on MSU than the consensus view. They might be a top 3 or 4 team in the conf. They have talent, they have a winning culture and Izzo’s great. But I have no problem seeing them finishing 8th or 9th. They’re replacing 1 of the 2 or 3 best PG’s in the conf in the last 20 years with a 1/1 asst/to guy who really likes hunting his own shot. Watts is talented, but he’s miles from Winston. And Tillman was just a man. Best interior defender in the conf. Clutch scorer. Leader and all around bada**. Might have been my favorite player in the B1G. I just don’t see how you replace their level of talent/production/experience/leadership without significant fall off. It’s not like they’re replacing Green and Davis. But Izzo’s done it before. 

2 minutes ago, Demo said:

I guess I’m more bearish on MSU than the consensus view. They might be a top 3 or 4 team in the conf. They have talent, they have a winning culture and Izzo’s great. But I have no problem seeing them finishing 8th or 9th. They’re replacing 1 of the 2 or 3 best PG’s in the conf in the last 20 years with a 1/1 asst/to guy who really likes hunting his own shot. Watts is talented, but he’s miles from Winston. And Tillman was just a man. Best interior defender in the conf. Clutch scorer. Leader and all around bada**. Might have been my favorite player in the B1G. I just don’t see how you replace their level of talent/production/experience/leadership without significant fall off. It’s not like they’re replacing Green and Davis. But Izzo’s done it before. 

Is it possible that the best player in the conference last year will not be the player that’s most missed on his own team?

MSU has some front line issues, and I think they’ll be limited with few well-rounded options at the four and five spots. 

Hauser isn’t a good defender, Bingham can’t score, and Kithier? meh

I feel like I am with Demo on this one.  I see them in that second tier that will once again go 9/10 deep.  Anywhere from 3-9 is where I see MSU.  I just think Illinois and Iowa right now are on their own tier.  My pick would be Illinois right now to win conference.