Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

8 hours ago,  Loaded Chicken Sandwich said: 
I’m assuming Lander is going to take all of those minutes. 

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think you are probably right about this. A five star-point guard who can do more off the dribble than anyone else on the team is going to get substantial playing time. Lander will have to put on some weight to make it through the grueling Big Ten season, however.

If he can put on 10-20 pounds then he will be in good shape as a freshman. That’ll put him in the 175-185 area. And at 6-2 that isn’t bad.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners mobile app

I think Leal will take someone’s minutes but not from Lander. Lander will be our starting PG. Leal will have minutes to take from the 2/3 spot.

Archie is going to have a lot of decisions to make though on playing time. Hunter and Thompson will need more minutes. Will Smith play the 3 or 4? Will Brunk play 20 minutes a game again and start? How much does Durham play with Franklin getting better and Leal coming in? How much does Lander play? Depth won’t be an issue. That’s for sure.

Archie is going to have a lot of decisions to make though on playing time. Hunter and Thompson will need more minutes. Will Smith play the 3 or 4? Will Brunk play 20 minutes a game again and start? How much does Durham play with Franklin getting better and Leal coming in? How much does Lander play? Depth won’t be an issue. That’s for sure.

I don’t fully disagree but I’d like 7-8 to separate from the pack and be better players. I don’t love 11 man rotations and neither do competitive players.

I don’t fully disagree but I’d like 7-8 to separate from the pack and be better players. I don’t love 11 man rotations and neither do competitive players.

That would be nice but Archie won’t do it. How many times did he say he’d get away from it last season and it never changed? He would go 20 deep if he could.

I have a feeling you won't see Justin Smith and Joey Brunk combining for 50 minutes/game.  Some of those minutes are going to trickle down.  Justin Smith is a college 4 because he can't shoot.

Smith will probably still log 25-30. He’s still our 2nd best player likely and we need him to figure it out and for Archie to figure out how to use him.

1 minute ago, ebridges24 said:

That is a thing of beauty!

I don't know, he needs to bring it back behind his head a little farther. Probably what the NBA guys are telling him anyyay.  

If you need a good laugh or want to take your mind off everything going on, I highly recommend you visit the GBI board. Pure gold right now in the “Incredible disconnect” thread. Just scroll for Treed1967’s comments (Nojel’s mama)...you won’t be disappointed.

Sent from my iPhone using BtownBanners

If you need a good laugh or want to take your mind off everything going on, I highly recommend you visit the GBI board. Pure gold right now in the “Incredible disconnect” thread. Just scroll for Treed1967’s comments (Nojel’s mama)...you won’t be disappointed.

What’s GBI?

I found what you were talking about. Funny how she tries to compare to Patrick Beverley and then the next person was like uh.. Patrick Beverly shoot 39% at Arkansas from 3.