Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

16 minutes ago, str8baller said:

His feedback must’ve been really bad. There’s really nothing he can do to improve his stock. Good for Purdue, tho. 

The accounts were that the feedback was  little better than expected as he was thought to be a late second round draftee and the thought afterwards was early to mid second.  But he is what he is and in today's NBA that's not what teams are looking for.

2 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

The accounts were that the feedback was  little better than expected as he was thought to be a late second round draftee and the thought afterwards was early to mid second.  But he is what he is and in today's NBA that's not what teams are looking for.

It's also not what wins games in March.

15 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

So what is the plan. Enjoy the ambiance of West Laffy for another year then get a contract in Poland or Egypt? Or does he think he can improve his stock and slip into the 1st round?

11 minutes ago, Hardwood83 said:

So what is the plan. Enjoy the ambiance of West Laffy for another year then get a contract in Poland or Egypt? Or does he think he can improve his stock and slip into the 1st round?

Trilly Donovan said he wanted a multi-year guarantee from someone. Probably a non-starter for just about every NBA team. Second rounders aren't guaranteed contracts at all, let alone multi-year deals. 

1 hour ago, LamarCheeks said:

I guess Franklin had left the door slightly open. He just shut it. 

He ain't gonna get drafted, though ... 

Sometimes it’s not just about getting drafted but starting the professional career - whether G League, Europe, etc. Coming back adds no value for him.

12 hours ago, Hardwood83 said:

Supposedly, he can shoot 3's pretty well, maybe he's going to try to show that this year. I'd give him 3's all day long rather than layups.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Trilly Donovan tweeting that there has been a lot of chatter today about U Conn wanting to leave the Big East.

To go where? 

5 hours ago, Demo said:

To go where? 

ACC would make sense but I don't think the ACC is looking to add at this point. 

But Pat Forde reported a couple of weeks ago that if the Big 12 fails to get to 14 to 16 teams by bringing in Pac 12 teams, U Conn is on their short list.

1 hour ago, RaceToTheTop said:

ACC would make sense but I don't think the ACC is looking to add at this point. 

But Pat Forde reported a couple of weeks ago that if the Big 12 fails to get to 14 to 16 teams by bringing in Pac 12 teams, U Conn is on their short list.

That has to be correct. The ACC is struggling to stay together (8 teams have or recently had an interest in leaving. When that's the case, looking to expand wouldn't make sense. 

On 5/31/2023 at 10:44 PM, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Audige is staying the in draft

Probably a smart move. If I am a franchise, he's a perfect 2nd round prospect. As a Pacers/Heat fan... I'd take him on either. Great defender with great length who can play the 2 and 3 positions. I think he's a better prospect than a Bufkin(Jordan Poole 2.0).

On 5/31/2023 at 11:00 PM, Stuhoo said:

And their schedule will no longer include double plays against the entire bottom half of the conference. And it is unlikely that will go a second straight season without losing one minute to injuries..

F ‘em.

Might be your best post ever Stu

On 5/31/2023 at 10:54 PM, LamarCheeks said:

I guess Franklin had left the door slightly open. He just shut it. 

He ain't gonna get drafted, though ... 

Timing is interesting. He was just working out with, as I recall, the Pacers, and I think some others. He may have been told he’s likely to be picked in the 2d, or it may be he’s going pro regardless and will see how the draft shakes out.

26 minutes ago, HoosierHoopster said:

Timing is interesting. He was just working out with, as I recall, the Pacers, and I think some others. He may have been told he’s likely to be picked in the 2d, or it may be he’s going pro regardless and will see how the draft shakes out.

I don't think he's NBA caliber so more likely the latter than the former.