Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

17 minutes ago, Scotty R said:

Just saw that IUPUI will no longer exist in a year. It will be IUI(Indiana University of Indianapolis). They just hired a new AD and heard him on the radio and  president Whiten is behind the athletic department for this campus

I wanted IUPUI to become University of Indianapolis back in the day. It seemed like the perfect fit. Give what IU has invested there, I never realistically thought it would happen. Don't mind kicking the Purdue part out though.

Just now, LamarCheeks said:

Not surprising, but the monster is back ... 

Man dude is smart. Not other league even in college basketball would he do as well. Certainly not the NBA.  Dude is built for Big Ten tackle basketball 

Big ten will be tough.

Purdue and Edey. MSU. Illinois with TSJ/Hawkins. Wisconsin. Rutgers gets Cliff back. NW gets Boo and probably Audige back.

Indiana had a hell of an off season but probably didn’t do enough to be preseason top 25. Purdue and MSU probably both top 5. Edey back in college ball is gonna be tough.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners

32 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Indiana had a hell of an off season but probably didn’t do enough to be preseason top 25. 

We're going to have 2 five star recruits in our starting lineup, with a sixth-year senior running the point. We'll absolutely be preseason top 25. 

1 minute ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You would think but the systems have us on the fringe.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

Duke and Kentucky aren't on the front of the jersey... But we've been so bad the last 20 years that we aren't going to get that kind of respect going in until we prove we belong again. I think we've only been ranked in the preseason like 6 times over the past 20 years.

38 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Duke and Kentucky aren't on the front of the jersey... But we've been so bad the last 20 years that we aren't going to get that kind of respect going in until we prove we belong again. I think we've only been ranked in the preseason like 6 times over the past 20 years.

Yup.

Kentucky is going into June with a bunch of high ranked recruits, but no portal gets, and a total of seven scholarship players who have scored a collective total of 86 points and played a total of 301 collective minutes. Oh, and they have a terrible coach who runs antiquated, poorly spaced offense.

And they’re top 15 in current preseason rankings. 

7 minutes ago, Hoosierfan1901 said:

Audige is staying the in draft

Not a great offseason for Northwestern despite Buie coming back.  When Roper was healthy, they ran an eight man rotation.  Four of those players are gone -- Audige (draft) Robbie Beran (transfer), Julian Roper (transfer), and Tydue Verhoeven (played his five years).  None of the three freshman coming in are top 150.  The three transfers coming in aren't anything to write home about -- Justin Mullins from Denver (9.8 ppg), Ryan Langborg from Princeton (12.7 ppg who is a three point shooter who only shot 33% from three) and grad transfer Blake Preston who played four years at Liberty and was a 6 point/5 rebound type of player there.