Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

3 minutes ago, Demo said:

Coolest action I’ve seen in a minute. Have seen it run off a baseline stagger, but never a gate. Nice.

If they ever decide to start calling people for moving screens again, a whole lot of players are going to have to learn some new skills. 

22 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Looked like it originated from a tweet about Cam Spencer leaving for more money... Which I believe dudes at Rutgers were fighting for.

That was the very first comment in a long back and forth and has nothing to do with RHJ’s tweet here.   Bottom line, Dakich called out for tweeting that he owned RHJ’s dad (an outright lie) but when he’s face to face with RHJ he just kisses his @$$.

On 5/28/2023 at 9:24 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

Don't forget Patrick Ewing's genes and Doc Rivers genes v Mike Davis andTom Crean.

I don't remember too much about Pat Ewing Jr other than the crazy behind the back jam at Midnight Madness... But for some reason, I always like Jeremiah Rivers. Why? I don't know. I've never really had a reason but I guess anyone willing to have played on those Crean teams should be given some respect IMO.

The answer is no. But what this team will probably do is age him about 10 years due to the sky expectations combined with the fact that his highest rated recruit has coach-killer written all over him and his 2nd highest rated recruit has a father whom I have been reliably told is a problem.

27 minutes ago, Demo said:

The answer is no. But what this team will probably do is age him about 10 years due to the sky expectations combined with the fact that his highest rated recruit has coach-killer written all over him and his 2nd highest rated recruit has a father whom I have been reliably told is a problem.

Booker finished at #14. Wasn't he up in the top 5 about a year ago? 

37 minutes ago, Demo said:

So Fears isn’t going to react well getting maybe 15 minutes per game as Walker and Hoggard’s backup.

Booker is like Ware only thinner, shorter, younger, and hasn’t yet learned lessons the hard way. I’ll take our new guy all day every day.

4 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

So Fears isn’t going to react well getting maybe 15 minutes per game as Walker and Hoggard’s backup.

Booker is like Ware only thinner, shorter, younger, and hasn’t yet learned lessons the hard way. I’ll take our new guy all day every day.

Fears might be alright with it, from what I gather he’s an ok kid, but I doubt it’s a coincidence that after the family visited Bloomington IU stopped recruiting him. A friend of mine in a position to know described dad, charitably, as “a handful.” Fears left Brad Beal Elite for Mokan without any kind of heads up and they weren’t sorry to see him go. 
Booker will be a fascinating follow. That kid has the all-time range of outcomes. And, yeah, I would take sophomore Ware over freshman Booker, no question. 

27 minutes ago, go iu bb said:

Booker finished at #14. Wasn't he up in the top 5 about a year ago? 

At 1 point ESPN had him #1.

MSU has a great roster though. 

Walker and Hall are proven gamers.  Hoggard too, to a lesser degree.  Akins is a dog.  Sissoko is a dog.  Therefore anything they get out of the Freshman class is a bonus.  I mean chemistry issues are possible but Izzo somehow finds a way to work it out.  

Im keeping my eye on Illinois and hoping they don’t get Hawkins, TSJ back then add RayJ.