Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

46 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Good.

Quality kid. Outstanding college player.

GO AWAY.

Ditto.  

Painter scheduled that game in Toronto to help get the NIL to work out.  

I strongly dislike Purdue, but kinda love this kid.  So Edey getting drafted and Painter having to figure things out without Edey will make me very happy.  

14 hours ago, cthomas said:

Edey or no Edey, Purdue will still be good and a tough out. Every time I they will suck, Painter pulls a rabbit out of his hat and they are better than expected.

Purdue is a system team. Even without Edey, Painter’s system keeps Purdue consistently in games against more talented teams.

But as we learned against Miami, talent - especially long, athletic playmakers - becomes harder to overcome in the NCAA Tournament. When you have a kid like Edey you can negate that to an extent. But had Purdue shown even serviceable play from the guard/wing position they could have won a title, let alone never had the worst loss in NCAA Tournament history.

Between Smith, Loyer and Morton you have an extreme lack of athleticism. They’re all solid players, and if the other two -particularly the guard spots - are athletic and long you probably would be ok. Having Smith and Loyer to compliment Morton, however, exposed Purdue badly.

15 hours ago, cthomas said:

Edey or no Edey, Purdue will still be good and a tough out. Every time I they will suck, Painter pulls a rabbit out of his hat and they are better than expected.

Except for those couple of years when Purdue under Painter finished dead last in the B1G.

15 hours ago, cthomas said:

15 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

Except for those couple of years when Purdue under Painter finished dead last in the B1G.

* And except in the NCAA Tournament

9 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

After which he took full responsibility for the results and redirected his recurring philosophy. Since then, they have been better than we are.... and I hate that. Purdue and Kentucky have been 1a and1b on my most hated rivals list forever. That said, Coach Painter is a very likeable guy and one of the classiest coaches in the conference. His press conferences after games, win or lose, are among my favorites. Honestly, I wish he would go somewhere else and Purdue would hire someone I could really dislike.

9 hours ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

I mean... Dakich ain't wrong...

Given the context, he IS wrong.  Ron Harper Jr was replying to Dakich’s tweet about how he ‘shut down’ Harper’s dac in college.  Facts are Harper Sr scored 26, Dakich had a goose egg.  Harper pointed out how Dakich was being two faced, saying to his face how his dad owned him when talking to Junior’s face but over Twitter he is lying about it.

33 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Given the context, he IS wrong.  Ron Harper Jr was replying to Dakich’s tweet about how he ‘shut down’ Harper’s dac in college.  Facts are Harper Sr scored 26, Dakich had a goose egg.  Harper pointed out how Dakich was being two faced, saying to his face how his dad owned him when talking to Junior’s face but over Twitter he is lying about it.

Looked like it originated from a tweet about Cam Spencer leaving for more money... Which I believe dudes at Rutgers were fighting for.