Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

It's virtually unfathomable he didn't get canned for that Public Relations nightmare.  I guess it says a lot about WVU and a certain amount about WV in general.  Geez..
It's not over yet. They may still fire him. Just probably checking their options

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

41 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

It's not over yet. They may still fire him. Just probably checking their options

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Maybe there is more going on behind the scenes but this was there public announcement of his punishment.

1 hour ago, Stuhoo said:

Can we get the Montverde guy on staff for crissakes?

Pretty sure Boyle’s entered that Steve Smith/Oak Hill rarefied air of making way too much jack to ever leave while handpicking the kids he wants every year and then kicking everybody’s a$$. I imagine it’s good to be him.

1 hour ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Gavitt Games announces - no Hoosiers to be found, but some great matchups.

1934410249_ScreenShot2023-05-22at3_53_29PM.thumb.png.82664c4b6c89df699cd7618bfda8b6c9.png

Looks like he is practicing his Crane Kick for a future Karate Kid movie. You know, in case his coaching gig doesn't work out.

2 hours ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Some good ones….but Butler at Michigan State?  Michigan State should be favored to win the Big Ten next year and Butler could be in the Big East basement.

Not only that, they played each other 2 years ago as a Gavitt game at Hinkle. I'd have Creighton at MSU and Iowa at Butler.

7 hours ago, MemphisHoosier said:

Gavitt Games announces - no Hoosiers to be found, but some great matchups.

1934410249_ScreenShot2023-05-22at3_53_29PM.thumb.png.82664c4b6c89df699cd7618bfda8b6c9.png

Gotta say, one reason to love this board and specifically this thread is I saw some chatter from Twitter Ball Knowers — even ones I like! — that complained about the matchups. But I agree with you: some really good ones. I’ll try to tune in for X@PU, Marq@Ill, UM@SJU, UMd@VU, and Iowa@Creighton.

On 5/22/2023 at 4:05 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

Some good ones….but Butler at Michigan State?  Michigan State should be favored to win the Big Ten next year and Butler could be in the Big East basement.

They've been the Big East basement for a long time. I remember reading an article by David Woods who talked about the move to the Big East didn't make sense given that Butler does not have as large of an endowment as say a Georgetown or another school with the same endowment. Even their move to the A10 didn't make much sense. They also didn't have many tournament chances in the Horizon but don't know what conference they should be in.

On 5/22/2023 at 11:31 AM, WayneFleekHoosier said:

It's virtually unfathomable he didn't get canned for that Public Relations nightmare.  I guess it says a lot about WVU and a certain amount about WV in general.  Geez..

She didn't like him as a coach but she wouldn't like him knowing this.

1 hour ago, OliviaPope40 said:

They've been the Big East basement for a long time. I remember reading an article by David Woods who talked about the move to the Big East didn't make sense given that Butler does not have as large of an endowment as say a Georgetown or another school with the same endowment. Even their move to the A10 didn't make much sense. They also didn't have many tournament chances in the Horizon but don't know what conference they should be in.

Missouri Valley would have probably been a good fit.  Non-football conference who has years with at large possibilities for the NCAA tournament.  Butler took the success they had a few years in the NCAA tournament and sold high, but the past three seasons they've went 38-52 and 20-40 in conference.