Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

10 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

You think that is the real story behind the mental health hiatus?  Could certainly be.  

You'd think he could come up with a far less serious excuse than a mental health crisis. I like to think they're better people than using mental health in that scenario, but...ya never know.

5 minutes ago, Hovadipo said:

You'd think he could come up with a far less serious excuse than a mental health crisis. I like to think they're better people than using mental health in that scenario, but...ya never know.

Yeah, I mean it could be both scenarios at once.  One beget the other?  Or they aren't related.  

ln light of reports Huggins will take a $1.0 million pay cut for his indiscretion Zagoria tweeted this list.   NOTE:  List is public universities who are required to make salary information available.   Cooley reportedly getting close to $6 million at Georgetown but it's a private institution and salary info doesn't have to be made public.

It looks like the ACC is probably not going to last much longer. 7 teams were already looking to get out and now UL has made it 8 teams. So more than 1/2 the conference (8 of 15) want to leave. There are certainly some hurdles to get over before they can leave but when the majority of the conference is no longer interested in being in that conference, I just don't see how it stays together. 

12 hours ago, go iu bb said:

It looks like the ACC is probably not going to last much longer. 7 teams were already looking to get out and now UL has made it 8 teams. So more than 1/2 the conference (8 of 15) want to leave. There are certainly some hurdles to get over before they can leave but when the majority of the conference is no longer interested in being in that conference, I just don't see how it stays together. 

Conf realignment sucks mostly for basketball fans, imo. Losing the old Big East and then the ACC isn’t much in football but kills two historic basketball conf. On top of that it adds basketball powerhouses like Rutgers and Nebraska to the B1G. Even though the geographical fit is odd, at least bringing in UCLA makes us a more interesting basketball conf. 

11 hours ago, Stuhoo said:

May 20th and Kentucky, who misses on another portalist today, is holding at seven scholarship players, five off whom are (highly ranked) freshmen.

Yes, they still have some time, but the clock is absolutely ticking.

I wonder what NBA vacancies Calipari will be linked to this offseason.

On 5/8/2023 at 8:45 PM, RaceToTheTop said:

Not a good look for Bob Huggins.

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/37571594/wvu-reviewing-incident-huggins-uses-anti-***-slur-air

This was an interview with Bill Cunningham of WLW of Cincinnati (if you are familiar with Cunningham....ugh).  He was asking Huggins about when he was in Cincinnati and Xavier fans threw objects on the floor:

------------------------------------------

"Any school that can throw rubber penises on the floor and then say they didn't do it, my God, they can get away with anything," Huggins said in the interview.

Cunningham then responded and said, "I think it was 'transgender night,' wasn't it?"

Huggins then said, "What it was, was all those f-gs, those Catholic f-gs, I think."

My grandma did not like Huggy.