Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

Don't know if this is behind a paywall or not.  Gist of it is Syracuse is losing a big NIL contributor over a dispute with the Syracuse chancellor who comes across as a bit of a stuffed shirt in the story.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Syracuse-athletics-booster-Adam-Weitsman-steps-away-from-NIL-support-amid-dispute-208187918/?fbclid=IwAR33ttyPEfuCaHWUKtRI1TYitZFnaIU8XcmUDrTLi2s8Wq80dsd8U7f_pYM

10 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

Don't know if this is behind a paywall or not.  Gist of it is Syracuse is losing a big NIL contributor over a dispute with the Syracuse chancellor who comes across as a bit of a stuffed shirt in the story.

https://247sports.com/college/indiana/Article/Syracuse-athletics-booster-Adam-Weitsman-steps-away-from-NIL-support-amid-dispute-208187918/?fbclid=IwAR33ttyPEfuCaHWUKtRI1TYitZFnaIU8XcmUDrTLi2s8Wq80dsd8U7f_pYM

Honestly sounds like something that would have happened at IU under previous administrations. 

4 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Malik Hall coming back to MSU.  IZZO gunning for it. 

If Edey returns the B1G will have 2 top 10 teams.

Indiana TBD, I don’t think top 10 is in the cards but maybe too 20.  IDK. 

Michigan State *should* be really good. Purdue will be Top 25 without Edey. I think Maryland is a Top 25 team. I think if we get the right guys, we are too 25 or at the very least getting some votes. I bet if Buie and Adige return for NW, they'll be in the same boat as we are. I think Illinois and Ohio State joins the same group. Wisconsin I believe will be Top 35 and I wouldn't doubt it if they finished Top 6 of the B1G and cracked the Top 25 at some point. 

B1G will make sure it's a league of "parity." Meaning they'll allow everyone to beat the sh!t out of each other, believe they are playing good basketball and celebrate no teams in the Final Four... Though Michigan State will absolutely have a Final Four caliber team. Purdue will if Edey returns.

11 minutes ago, WayneFleekHoosier said:

Malik Hall coming back to MSU.  IZZO gunning for it. 

If Edey returns the B1G will have 2 top 10 teams.

Indiana TBD, I don’t think top 10 is in the cards but maybe too 20.  IDK. 

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/bracketology/ncaa-bracketology-2024-march-madness-men-field-predictions 

Way to early Bracketology

Has IU last 4 in

24 minutes ago, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Michigan State *should* be really good. Purdue will be Top 25 without Edey. I think Maryland is a Top 25 team. I think if we get the right guys, we are too 25 or at the very least getting some votes. I bet if Buie and Adige return for NW, they'll be in the same boat as we are. I think Illinois and Ohio State joins the same group. Wisconsin I believe will be Top 35 and I wouldn't doubt it if they finished Top 6 of the B1G and cracked the Top 25 at some point. 

B1G will make sure it's a league of "parity." Meaning they'll allow everyone to beat the sh!t out of each other, believe they are playing good basketball and celebrate no teams in the Final Four... Though Michigan State will absolutely have a Final Four caliber team. Purdue will if Edey returns.

Michigan State should be really good.  Purdue top 25 without Edey?  Don't see it.  Maryland with Dickinson and Young returning could be borderline top 10.

What I will say about Northwestern is that it seems when they have built up some momentum in the past and start the year with expectations, they fall on their face.

Lunardi having Florida Atlantic as a 2 seed is laughable -- regardless of the run they had in the tournament, their margin for error in terms of loss numbers during the season will be incredibly small.  And I would expect that Memphis will be the team to beat in the newly formed American conference next year, not FAU.  

20 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Michigan State should be really good.  Purdue top 25 without Edey?  Don't see it.  Maryland with Dickinson and Young returning could be borderline top 10.

What I will say about Northwestern is that it seems when they have built up some momentum in the past and start the year with expectations, they fall on their face.

Lunardi having Florida Atlantic as a 2 seed is laughable -- regardless of the run they had in the tournament, their margin for error in terms of loss numbers during the season will be incredibly small.  And I would expect that Memphis will be the team to beat in the newly formed American conference next year, not FAU.  

Yea I still see Purdue being good even without Edey. Smith and Loyer being sophomores helps. Doesn't mean they'll go anywhere in the tourney, but they battle in the regular season.

Just now, Loaded Chicken Sandwich said:

Yea I still see Purdue being good even without Edey. Smith and Loyer being sophomores helps. Doesn't mean they'll go anywhere in the tourney, but they battle in the regular season.

The problem I see is that if Edey is back, teams aren't going to be backing off of their shooters like they did last year.  Smith I can see being less effected than Loyer because I think Smith has more ability.  But if your two returning scorers are Loyer and Smith I don't think that spells success.