Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

12 minutes ago, coonhounds said:

Is this implying he could be coming here with the timing?

Sent from my SM-A326U using Tapatalk

Not because of that.

Because when it's announced that Cooley is leaving for GTown, @Uspshoosier speculates that Garwey Dual could de-commit, and twenty minutes later that's what he does. However, it would make sense that IU would take a look here.

24 minutes ago, Class of '66 Old Fart said:

For those that think Woody's too old, I'll quietly point out that Scumbag Rick is 70 years oldl

I'll quietly take your point of being old from your decades of experience.
I'll loudly retort Woody and Slick Rick are two very different people with vastly different experiences in basketball.

23 minutes ago, LamarCheeks said:

Shrews coming back to Indiana?

Brey sounded like he really wanted out of South Bend -- sounded as if he had issues with ND's rules on NIL. 

Also saw that Providence is expected to go after him. Is Providence a better job than Penn State? 

Go to ND would be nice 

Brey sounded like he really wanted out of South Bend -- sounded as if he had issues with ND's rules on NIL. 
Also saw that Providence is expected to go after him. Is Providence a better job than Penn State? 

[/url]  

4-5 good years for him at ND, then Indiana comes calling. Likeable, good coach. I’d be happy with that.

Sent from my iPad using BtownBanners mobile app

11 hours ago, LamarCheeks said:

With PSU losing Pickett, Lundy, Dread, Wynter, and Funk, if Shrewsbury leaves they'll lose their recruits and that program will be a dumpster fire.

51 minutes ago, Stuhoo said:

With PSU losing Pickett, Lundy, Dread, Wynter, and Funk, if Shrewsbury leaves they'll lose their recruits and that program will be a dumpster fire.

I believe our king Dan Dakich refers to that as “water finding its level”. 

I think Shrewsberry would be a great fit for ND, I hope he goes there so then I can catch some games in person.

A new crop of candidates are starting to emerge for when we may have a vacancy within 5 years or so. Dusty May, Shrewsberry, Michael Lewis to name a few. My guess is May won't be at FAU long now.

5 years should ne plenty of time to prove yourself.

While I will always root for Indiana teams, Shrews to ND could be bad for us. First, ND has serious cash. I'm not sure we could outbid them if it came to that. Second, while he wouldn't be in the B1G anymore, he will be in direct competition with us in recruiting. There are very few people on the planet as well connected in this state as Shrews. He recruits La Lu very well already and if he goes to ND he will be right down the street. I obviously don't want him at PSU but its easier for IU if ND sucks haha