Thanks for visiting BtownBanners.com!  We noticed you have AdBlock enabled.  While ads can be annoying, we utilize them to provide these forums free of charge to you!  Please consider removing your AdBlock for BtownBanners or consider signing up to donate and help BtownBanners stay alive!  Thank you!

BlueDevil

College Bball Thread

13 hours ago, go iu bb said:

Huh, who would've thought? Oh, right...

Well done. I almost (but not really) felt bad for them when the color guy was yelling "they are afraid to shoot!" And was clearly right. They choked as only Purdoo could.  

56 minutes ago, IUHoosierJoe said:

Just thought I'd note here that I had FDU #313 out of 363 teams in my final computer rankings.  As far as I can find, they are my lowest ranked team that's ever played in the tournament.

#299 in Pom.  #301 in NET.  They were the second lowest rated team in the tournament on my WAR at -12.58....which means my estimate was they needed to win 13 more games than they did to be considered for an at large bid -- or with their schedule, would have needed to be 31-2.  Their schedule was that weak.

I'm rarely one to gripe about uniform colors and wardrobes, but there should be a rule preventing players from wearing shoes that completely clash with their school's primary colors.

Some of these shoes are God awful, I'm not sure how someone at Nike signs off on the design.

Pink, purple/lime green on shoes rarely looks good.  So tacky.

Rant over.

14 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

#299 in Pom.  #301 in NET.  They were the second lowest rated team in the tournament on my WAR at -12.58....which means my estimate was they needed to win 13 more games than they did to be considered for an at large bid -- or with their schedule, would have needed to be 31-2.  Their schedule was that weak.

Purdue picked a bad time for a Quad 4 loss. 

20 minutes ago, RaceToTheTop said:

Their schedule ranked dead last #363 in my ratings and their conference ranked as the worst of the 32 conferences.

1 hour ago, Hardwood83 said:

Well done. I almost (but not really) felt bad for them when the color guy was yelling "they are afraid to shoot!" And was clearly right. They choked as only Purdoo could.  

I know lots of people were picking them to lose early (not just me). I bet the felt disrespected then they went out and proved all the doubters correct. Gotta love it.

Probably the worst #1 seed of all time.

Matt Norlander -

Carousel news: Texas A&M-Corpus Christi coach Steve Lutz has been hired as the next coach at Western Kentucky on a four-year contract, source tells CBS Sports. Lutz took A&M-CC to back-to-back NCAA Tournaments and is a former asst at Purdue + Creighton. Helped recruit Zach Edey.